cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userE8eLG7zhl9
Constellation

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

I got exactly same problem too.

The Knob just need very little push and the stove would be on.

My rice cooker got melted because of that 

I tried to puchase Child Safety Stove lock/Cover. The Knob was too big. it won't fit any of these.

I notice some samsung Stove having Blue light around the Knob now. I think that would be workaround solution for that .

userE8eLG7zhl9
Constellation

Check with Samsung Part website

That light part won't compatible with mine (NE58F9710WS).  That suck...

if anyone got any idea or solution to make it work, it would be awsome

JBarbs
Constellation

Solution is to buy gorments. (process in previous message)

I orderd knobs from "safe knob" which will be sent to me in june when they are ready. I hope samsumg will refund me for the $60 cost per knob to fix their hazardous stoves.

user8OTlZWIEAz
Astronaut

Samsung, you need to step up your game and come up with a fix for these ranges. Its way too easy to accidentally bump the knob and turn on. Someone is going to loose there home, life or both over this defect. 

userNYBxx9uZYm
Astronaut

Our home did catch fire. Pup bumped the knob. 

userEDcTw9wASs
Constellation

We have had the same issue. Very dangerous design flaw! When we called Samsung it seemed like it was new news. Now we see that they are well aware of the problem. What will it take, some one to be killed?? Please update if there will be legal action. Thank you!

userrGnGgUbe26
Asteroid

I would certainly love to be involved in any action against Samsung about these knobs. We went to bed one night and woke up to fire alarms going off. We came out and found my Tea kettle melting and it damaged my cooktop. Luckily, our fire sprinklers did not go off because that would have damaged the whole house. I am not going to stop until I get satisfaction!!!!

userNYBxx9uZYm
Astronaut

Our home caught on fire due to our puppy bumping the knob. Humans knew the knobs turned on too easy. Pup did not. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userNYBxx9uZ; I'm very sorry to hear this. Were there any damages to the home and is everybody okay? Please send us a private message to the link with more information on your concern. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

DunhamFamily
Asteroid

If you are able to get the class action going, please message me - I would be happy to join and give whatever information I could. We have had 5 issues so far, and I am terrified we are going to have our house burned down from this! 

My email is <HIDDEN> if the message boards will let it post ...