Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNYBxx9uZ; I'm very sorry to hear this. Were there any damages to the home and is everybody okay? Please send us a private message to the link with more information on your concern. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

DunhamFamily
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are able to get the class action going, please message me - I would be happy to join and give whatever information I could. We have had 5 issues so far, and I am terrified we are going to have our house burned down from this! 

My email is <HIDDEN> if the message boards will let it post ... 

MFColorado
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Uploaded from community android app.

There's a man who posted this solution a couple of days ago - WORKS GREAT!  Go to Home Depot and get 9/32 inch neoprene grommets - remove your oven knob and place as shown in picture.  Then put the knobs back on. It will require extra effort to push and turn the knobs BUT you won't accidentally turn on the burners!

We have had many issues with this - Samsung came out and said there is "nothing they can do because the oven is performing to specifications."  This is an awful design.  It is happening with the induction ovens and the gas ovens.

See if you can reference his post above.  Hope this helps - it has certainly solved the problem for now - until they resdesign.

userrGnGgUbe26
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would certainly be interested in helping, it caught my Tea kettle on fire and melted it to my cooktop.

userrGnGgUbe26
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is going to be sending a technician but I do not believe that they will do anything after reading others posts. I am

going to contact the AZ Attorney Generals Office and the BBB. I am going to contact our local Sears store where I bought all of our Samsung appliances and let them know that they are selling a dangerous appliance. I am going to post a warning I’m our towns FB page to warn anyone against buying Samsung products. I will make up signs for all of our vehicles-including our motor home- warning people about Samsung appliances. I would definitely join any class action lawsuit. We woke up one evening to a fire alarm and found that our tea kettle was in flames and melting. We have a sprinkler system in our home that would have ruined thousands of dollars of brand new furniture if we had not been home. I can’t even imagine what could have happened it the fire had started with us not home and if our dog was home alone. This issue is inexcusable and Samsung needs to face up to it before someone dies.  if anyone has news please contact us.

userSKqVS33xWi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This needs to be a class action lawsuit. Extremely dangerous product. This could have been a loss of life and home. I do have pictures of burned microwave, cabinets, and lighting. I came back into my home with smoke banked down to the floor. This stove ruined my newly remodeled kitchen. Please come forward if this has happened to you. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message so that we can further assist you.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

TiffanyBoscan
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you pursue this with an attoney? If you don't then I will. This is REALLY dangerous!

Tiffany Boscan

<HIDDEN>

<HIDDEN>

user7xlSNzVUbi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't had time to think about that. Good idea though, because even the 2 fire investigators said they tested it as well just walk by those knows and sure enough the knows turned on.  Good thing no lives were lost.  I told my insurance guy that they should go after Samsung.   Maybe a group of us should sue them.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've sent you an e-mail.