cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Clearly they wanna take the conversation off-channel. 

I'm amazed they even have the gall to let our posts "stand". 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user1innOQfgbr wrote:

Clearly they wanna take the conversation off-channel. 

I'm amazed they even have the gall to let our posts "stand". 

No kidding. 

One big copy-and-paste of this entire "forum" should be all it takes to launch the suit. 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And you didn't sue?!? 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This solution has been previously posted. It works for me.

Go to Home Depot and get 9/32 inch neoprene grommets - remove your oven knob and place as shown in picture.  Then put the knobs back on. It will require extra effort to push and turn the knobs BUT you won't accidentally turn on the burners!

Clipboard01.jpg

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, it sorta kinda works, but for one thing, Home Depot Canada does not sell those grommets. For another , you are voiding your warranty by replacing parts on the stove. For another, there is expense involved in doing this; why should the cost be absorbed by the user?

Last, but not least, it appears one or more people have to die in a fire caused by the stove, which could easily happen , before Samsung will act. 

I don't want to be that one, and I'm sure nobody else does either!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can refer to the following article for information on the gas range knobs.  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01203557/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you pursue this with an attoney? If you don't then I will. This is REALLY dangerous!

Tiffany Boscan

<HIDDEN>

<HIDDEN>

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't had time to think about that. Good idea though, because even the 2 fire investigators said they tested it as well just walk by those knows and sure enough the knows turned on.  Good thing no lives were lost.  I told my insurance guy that they should go after Samsung.   Maybe a group of us should sue them.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've sent you an e-mail.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How do we get in on the class action? My first fire on xmas eve and now I'm scared to death to have this stove in my house!