Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How do I send a private message
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened today with this fire hazard. Our stove is ruined!  I want a replaced purse and a new stove. Please contact me asap! 

Here are pictures of the stove and the coach purse. 

The lock only locks the control panel and the range door (not the knobs) 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would also like to find a solution to this problem and would be happy to join a class action.  This is a problem we've had with our gas range and it is a real concern, especially with numerous grandchildren.  Happy to send private email with model and serial numbers.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our brand new stove ruined,  we had potholders sitting on top of the range to make sure the pizza stone did not scratch it.  If you even slightly bump these knobs they turn on.  I burned my arm last week leaning over the stove cleaning it,  without knowing it had turned on.  Extremely dangerous I would never have purchased the stove if I had known  how easily these knobs are turned on.  I am frightened  when I leave the house and I forget to check the stove even  when it hasn't even been used which is absolutely ridiculous !! I have to always do a detailed check at the stove to make sure it is not on so I don't come home to a burned down house 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruKIqxZjjVtL: Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional information?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,  I have privately emailed Samsung regarding this issue but I also wanted to submit a public posting if this does become a class action lawsuit. Unfortunately, a recall probably won't happen unless the cost of lawsuits are expected to exceed the costs of replacing or refitting all of the affected appliances. 

I personally have had 3 occurrences in my home of stove top accidentally being turned on and 2 fires extinguished on stovetop.  Although we have 2 children it was not due to them. One time was my wife, second was my sister in law who was heating up something in the microwave directly above stove and brushed up and the 3rd time was when we were having our cabinets refaced the workers covered stove with a moving blanket to protect it from the spraying and the blanket was set on fire. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us information as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What should we do if we are among the many who are experiencing accidentally turn-on of the cooktop? Unfortunately, I did not take pictures of the burned hot pad before throwing it away a few months ago. I can take pictures of the bottom of my crock pot that was burned just a few weeks after purchase, about 13 months ago. Fortunately, the other 5 times the stove eyes have come on when the knobs were accidentally brushed up against, either my husband or I have realized it before anything caught fire. 

Thanks in advance for your help with this. 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. Just moved into my house a few months ago, and have had three accidental turn ons. The only thing to do is to leave NOTHING on the stove when it isn’t in use. 

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please check the grommet solution described early in this thread. It’s worth the 4 bucks. I’m sorry  Samsung is a terrible company. There is no excuse for this.