Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION
yes, have reported it to Samsung. Knob turned on and damaged the cooktopl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having an issue. The stovetop has turned on twice when just being bumped....today by someone installing a refrigerator. We just bought this house three weeks ago. I would not have bought it if I had known about this faulty design. I have a two year old grandson that we’ve moved twelve hours to be near and now i’m Scared to death.

please tell me that you’ve come up with a modification to make this appliance safer.

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, sorry to hear about your issue. I too, as well as many others have had this too. First, I can tell you Samsung may reach out to you but it’s just a waste of your time unless you have a loss of money. They have told me the knobs were designed to turn easily. I hope you read back from the beginning of this thread. There is an easy fix described many times with some rubber grommets you can get at a Home Depot. I wound up doing this because this Crappy Samsung company is waiting for someone to die I guess and will not address this problem. I know this sounds stupid and I don’t like recommending this because I shouldn’t have to. It does work. When these grommets are put on the knob has to be pushed in with more effort and turned. It’s not easily turned on. I have not had another issue since doing this, except now I hate anything with Samsung’s name on it. These are pretty inexpensive. When I bought  mine they were 99 cents apiece. I hope this helps. Good luck, enjoy your house, be safe.

Howard

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional information?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

These knobs are going to kill someone.  Melted wifes phone. Burnt towels, left on for 6 hours on high.  Please re engineer the knobs and send them to me.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where can I send a PM?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Click my name and the option will show on the next screen. 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No responce from Samsung.  I have an attorney willing to file the class action.  These knobs are going to kill someone.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sign me up as well. I have actually burned myself while cleaning and scrubbing the stovetop as I leaned in and the knob turned on. It could have been much worse!!! I found my dish towels cooking, and when entertaining, I make sure no one sits a box on the stove at all! I'm super nervous with just adults here, let alone kids!!! The knobs don't lock only the touch panel.