Original topic:

Electric Range display only turns on when I turn on one or more cooktop knobs

(Topic created: 10-01-2021 05:42 PM)
user2scHGYqvgb
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a 2015 Samsung Electric Range NE59J3420SS and for some reason the entire unit keeps shutting off. When I turn on one or more of the cooktop knobs, the display turns on, but none of the heating elements work. The over turns on, but doesn't heat up. If I turn off the cooktop knobs, the display shuts off. I checked the plug multiple times, reset the circuit breaker multiple times (for more than 60 seconds each time) and removed the glass cooktop and the back of the range to look for any loose wires, but everything looks fine.

Any ideas what might be causing the issue? Thank you. 

1 Reply
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I understand this is frustrating for you. If you are certain that the range is receiving the correct voltage, there can be multiple causes for what you are experiencing. I highly recommend having a technician check the unit. If you are comfortable doing a self repair, you can get the service guide and any necessary parts from samsungparts.com, or I can set up a service ticket for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes