cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userNb15NFYn3O
Astronaut

Re: Evaporator Fan freezing RF263BEAESR French door refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to pester but what was your solution? Thanks in advance.

userFs91lufCsm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
There is no solution. It's a bad design. Some people have success with weekly defrosting via the panel, turning the fridge temp up, copper wire on the defrost coil. This forum requires reading in it's entirety. It's not a simple problem with a simple solution and it's DEFINITELY not solved by releveling the front of the unit.
userG3m6WkKCyW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My exact experience. None of those "solutions" solved anything...

@userDJvmXFk0XZ wrote:

This should not be listed as a solution or "solved"

My RF 263 BEAESER is ~ 5 years old. It worked fine until this past year. I have manually defrosted it twice now by unplugging (no ice chipping).

The defrost coil was tested and determined to be good.

The sensor was replaced to be 100% certain.

The sensor was relocated per the trouble shooting manual.

Never had the clogged drain line problem.

"Tipping" the refrigerator made no difference. The refrigerator was correctly installed level - don't know why I even tried this.

So what's left other than replacement? The fan chewing into the ice block sounds like a Mac truck. 

Where can I find information about the law suit?

userDJvmXFk0XZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This should not be listed as a solution.
user9elSgBkxY6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all.  I have a similar problem with my GE refrigerator PTC22SFMARBS (which I have  been told  may actually share some commonality with Samsung refrigerators? Can anyone confirm?).  Problem only started after 10 years.  The freezer never sealed all that well, and the problem may have started when the freezer was overstuffed, interfering even more so with the proper closing of the door.  Is it possible  that a new door seal may also help? Is there anything that can be done to the door hinge that will make  the door close more securely?

userXsnkGSY8YF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RF 266 with same problems. Ice build up, rattling noise as fan hits ice. Fan stops.

We have done periodic defrosts after moving all the food to our second fridge (different brand, much older, working beautifully)

We wish this routine would have been disclosed when we shopped for a new fridge. Fun!

I see that many people have the same problem. I see that SAMSUNG has not recalled, nor tried to remediate a well established problem.

We will withstand our SAMSUNG #neveragain, for a while until we can justify purchasing another fridge.

We are teachers, and we will take it at heart to educate all our colleagues, friends, and family about our experience with this brand.

#neveragain, #samsungnotforme, #samsungnotforyou

userGaYhKApMJ7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do you raise the front of the fridge up?  I have tried using the leveling adjusters but they don’t seem to turn more than about ¼ turn.

userhyiFfigV3r
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We used channel locks and had no problem turning the legs. One leg was bearing a lot of weight and still turned. The other had no weight on it (was actually airborne) turned it by hand until it was firmly on floor then finished with channel locks. Put a level on top to track progress. Make sure and turn clockwise to raise the front.
Literally just finished doing it. Hope it works. Gonna give through the weekend to see if there is any progress defrosting the back. If not will manually defrost. We previously had the same problem as others with ice maker freezing up. We caulked the gap between the ice maker and the fridge wall. That was 6 months ago and have not had the problem since.

userBX15HZlWgc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tilted it back as much as I could and the wheels are off the ground but the same old issue with it freezing up and having to defrost it every 30 days or so.

Highlighted
userirRgEv9B9M
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just started having this issue 4 days ago with my French Door (RF263BE). After calling and speaking to Joanna Delosreyes on Saturday February 10, 2018, she told me she would have a service technician come out today, Monday 2-12-18 between 12pm and 5pm. We discussed this "appointment" down to the time zone, because I wanted to assure that it was central time so my 75 yearold father could drive 35 miles to my house and wait for the technician because I work during that time. Long story short, I call the service NISI, today and find out that I do NOT have an appointment to have the refrigerator serviced today. And the Rep at NISI also told me that Samsung cannot make service appointments but they always tell the customers that they have made the appointment. Seriouslly?

I am currently waiting on a phone call from NISI to see what my next steps are. I was repeatedly told that my one-year warranty is out and that the problem that I was describing is not covered under the 5 or 10 year warranty. So, why is it not covered if it is a know problem? I've had this fridge for about 18 months. Had to have the ice maker replaced about 6 months after buying it, and now I'm getting a loud noise that I can hear in my upstairs bedroom. The noise stops when one of the doors is open. So am I supposed to defrost or scrape ice out of a $2000 refrigerator every few months? Jury rig the thing? Wow, and just when I was about to buy new Samsung phones for my family too! No way. Wish I'd done more research before I invested in this.