cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMz140cUtJd
Astronaut

Re: Evaporator Fan freezing RF263BEAESR French door refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found this PDF (attached to the right of post) showing exactly what you're desribing from another blog post and saved it.  Apparently it's something they give to technicians while repairing the problem.  I'm still trying to get my sensor off of the first coil as it's been coated with a tar like glue!  Hoping it works.

Also I found these troubleshooting tip saying it could be a defrost timer or sensor or a number of other things I get to try and test, yay!

https://www.repairclinic.com/RepairHelp/How-To-Fix-A-Refrigerator/55-160--/Samsung-Refrigerator-not-...

Finally, if you're brave, you can try what this guy did on YouTube.  

The Samsung refrigerator Series RF267 has an ongoing issue with freezing up and icing over the fan and evaporator coil. This is PART 8. This video will show you a possible fix, even though it may be only short term. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ http://amzn.to/2ieJsqD --- HVAC aluminum Tape
userpOMk6kxw8E
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One of the possible fixes i read was to "Raise the front.  It is not supposed to have the front wheels on the ground. "

I am trying this, however how do i get to raise the front of the fridge without lifting this thing. I tried rotating the knobs using a flat head screw-driver but they would not rotate as the weight of the fridge is on that knobs. But I still see the fridge wheels touching the floor.

userirRgEv9B9M
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry, but is NO ONE seeing how ridiculous this is to pay over $2,000 hard earned money on a piece of junk that you have to 'fix' yourself? That a company won't even stand behind it's product for longer than a year. And then have to rig it  up yourself just for it to work? This is ludicrous! Who has time to jack with a big heavy piece of equipment that is supposed to be reliable? 

Anyhow, I've tried to attach a short clip of what it sounds like. And the placement of the fridge and the level has been the same and fine for 18 months. So that's not the isse. 

It won't let me post the video clip...

userirRgEv9B9M
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

https://kohnswift.com/2017/03/16/ksg-files-class-action-complaint-against-samsung-for-refrigerators-...

Above is a link to a Class Action Complaint against Samsung for their refrigerators. May help someone that is experiencing problems described in the Complaint.

userUXazcZVnB3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is for ice makers!

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good Afternoon.  Is your fridge have an issue.  Please let me know and I can look into it for you.

usersVsC2LOFoO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Back wall keeps freezing up.  Worked fine for two years.  Unplugged for two days and a week later, frozen again.  Have run the defrost cycle twice this morning.  Any help is appreciated.  

RF 261BEAESR/AA

userAPAwXuhcl8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really? Samsung offers to help then tells you they cant because warranty is up. Apparently its my fault that my fridge got continually worse after warranty went out and i got continual run around before it did. After my warranty expired the call center conveniently told me they had no record of any previous calls. Samsung has mastered the art of being non responsive until you finally give up. 

useriWpMtv5YC2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Moderator,

EVERYONE IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. You chiming in every couple threads saying you will help then doing nothing is a joke.

This isn't over.

userRWJPKEh85k
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

have similar/same issues with my rf260beaesr  wish someone would take them to court.  have to masnually defrost at least once a year.  no more samsung