Not applicable

Re: Evaporator Fan freezing RF263BEAESR French door refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did the troubleshooting help? 

usercABKo8nMog
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have this very problem. We have raised the front and the wheels are not touching the floor, but it still ices over . Also, the ice machine makes noises like it is filling to make ice, but has not made any ice in over 6 months. Have defrosted several times, as well, to no avail 

userTqdlDciHgo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sames issue for me..service tech visited 2 times and did all that is being recommended on this thread to no avail

Btw Samsung replied back to my complaint see below.

sad Samsung has the cheek to say ..”this is not a known issue” ..what a joke.. 

Subject: Re: Fan noise with fridge
Date: 06-29-2018 12:24 PM

Sadly we cannot guarantee coverage for out of warranty units.  While paying for a repair is not usually a well-liked answer, it is an answer nonetheless.  At this time, this is not a known issue that Samsung is making an accommodation for.  Due to this, we research each symptom on a case by case basis to see if the unit qualifies for anything we can offer.  In cases where we can’t necessarily offer anything other than out of warranty repairs.  We can at least help refer you to authorized repair centers should you wish not to use someone unauthorized.  

Samsung Service Center Locator

Highlighted
userve2zdwd0Zi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I to have had the same issue. I have now defrosted it 4 times, redone some of the foil backing they installed in the duct area to obviously thaw some of the ice. It is still having the freeze up issue in the top left corner. It only now happens every 2 months. I will now try raising the front wheels.

userFdhxS097UD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah! That is great! The evaporator whatevery it is called is burnt finally . Thanks  for the "NICE" design SAMSUNG!!! I have to spent another hundred to buy the past and PUT IT BACK BY MYSELF. Thinking about buying a new refigerator. Anyone have any good suggestions? Whirlpool? orGE?

userFdhxS097UD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So mad now can not even type!!!

userI5gjJHfgoD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list. I have a RF26HFENDSR with the same problem. I purchased a Whirlpool to replace it because I cannot deal with this every 2 months. The neighbor across the street has a different model Samsung refrigerator with the same icing up issue. My fridge is 2.5 years old and the neighbors is 2. Very upset that replacing it was the only true solution.

userp5fP8GTOrt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im having the same issue with RF28HFEDBSR french door fridge with ice buildup behind the back panel. Refridgerator is only 4 years old. Did the leveling solution work for anyone? If so, please do tell.  

userHiWwFhYOZS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How much should I raise the front? 

userC5FHHxwpey
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having the same issue with my refrigerator RF263BEAESR.  The ice would build up to the point it stalled the fan in 6 days after defrosting.  I now know the reason I was able to buy a 3 year old $2400.00 fridge for only $500.00!!  I think I may have found my problem in the door seals.  The bottom of both door seals were completely deteriorated.  One has the vinyl wore away to expose the magnet for 2/3 of the width.  The other has completely ripped and there is no magnet at all!  These bad seals are allowing all of the cold air out, which is causing the unit to run excessively, as well as letting room air in which provides plenty of humidity to build ice.  I am currently testing my theory by reversing the seals to have the bad sections at the top of the doors.  I did this 6 days ago and as of this morning, no fan/ice contact noise and no signs of ice build up through the cold air supply holes on the back panel.