cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userC5FHHxwpey
Astronaut

Re: Evaporator Fan freezing RF263BEAESR French door refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having the same issue with my refrigerator RF263BEAESR.  The ice would build up to the point it stalled the fan in 6 days after defrosting.  I now know the reason I was able to buy a 3 year old $2400.00 fridge for only $500.00!!  I think I may have found my problem in the door seals.  The bottom of both door seals were completely deteriorated.  One has the vinyl wore away to expose the magnet for 2/3 of the width.  The other has completely ripped and there is no magnet at all!  These bad seals are allowing all of the cold air out, which is causing the unit to run excessively, as well as letting room air in which provides plenty of humidity to build ice.  I am currently testing my theory by reversing the seals to have the bad sections at the top of the doors.  I did this 6 days ago and as of this morning, no fan/ice contact noise and no signs of ice build up through the cold air supply holes on the back panel. 

user3zqZ0eSTCx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can be added to the list of faulty Samsung refrigerators as well. I purchased mine in December of 2017 and had the main water line rupture in January of 2018. I've had two companies tell me that the unit is UNREPAIRABLE. I've received two 7000 replacement numbers from Samsung, and now am being told that the policy has changed and I am ineligible for a replacement. The issue that I have is the fact that I can't even have my unit fixed. I will NEVER purchase another Samsung appliance or electronic, and will strongly urge everyone else that I know to do the same. Samsung... you guys are too big and don't care about the consumers. I will be taking my business to one of your MANY competitors from here on out. 

userj9LnLqXs9J
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userC5FHHxwpey
userC5FHHxwpey, I think you could be onto something. I like everyone on here have the ice buildup problem.
I don’t have the seal problem like yours, but I have consistently had the issue where the center divider isn’t popping out when I close the left door. Perhaps that is causing the cold air to be lost, forcing the fridge to work overtime?

useruqNXoYipKR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I read in a YouTube comment about the eco button. Basically putting your refrigerator in eco mode tells the frig to defrost less or not heat up as high. 

Went to to my own frig , which has been making fan noises for the last 3 months and it was on eco mode. I would have never know because the display turns off the symbol. 

I forced defrosted the frig and turned the eco mode off. So far it has been 5 hours without a sound. We will see if this will work in the meantime. 

I will I’ll try the leveling trick just in case because my wheels are touching the floor. Only thing is the left side leveling feet is broken. Well buy some thick furniture pads to test this trick out. 

But this is is my second Samsung frig. Because the first one was completely replaced with a brand new one because of leakage. But two months into the new one the fan noise started happening. I will be joining any class action suit if one becomes available. 

Highlighted
usereiy5aPHvDN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing here! I had to replace the housing for water filter. Tech told me that it was freezing up. I replaced it and literally 2 weeks later I get up and the temp says 61 Everowent bad again! The fan was seized and there was a ton of ice in the back Tech took all shelves out and defrost it. A month later same thing. The FD temp is factory default So we hold the 2 button and do a manual defrost Finally worked.
Now a month later come home and I have wood floor and there is water All ice melted and fridge is at 59 degrees I am not calling and waste more money My fridge is 2 1/5 years old Samsung doesn’t care and won’t stand by product at all Waste of money

tech got here from A & e turned out same guy who was here 2 calls ago. Tells me something about going into “demo” mode and I paid $99 for that 

userj5El4Tp7SC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We’ve tried this and it still requires a defrost. 

usercsBGkBCTbX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This does not work. Nothing works. It’s a flaw in the system. Contacted Samsung no help. They pretend they do not know about the problem even though they have responded to many of their own customers in their own forums.

userJVF9IVKEMr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I didn't have any of these issues for three years of owning this refrigerator, and then all of the sudden I started to have to defrost the back with a hair dryer every 10-14 days.

I read all of these posts and tried all kinds of the suggested tricks.

I wanted to suggest to everyone that you try turning up the temperature in your refrigerator a couple of degrees so it is not as cold.  I did that and it has been about four weeks and I still haven't had to defrost the back.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I just wanted to give out the suggestion.

user57JpOyryCa
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did that it will last 2 or 3 months only and then it's back to the same freezing up 

userdI0jdf3Y0a
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How do you raise the front?