cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservjnrZn4k7u
Constellation

Re: Evaporator Fan freezing RF263BEAESR French door refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I get "Access Denied" when I try to access your other post (the link you give in this one).

Thanks,

Laurie

userUTUeqHK2sk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you!!! This worked. For the first time since June 2016 I don't have to listen to the refrigerator vibrate all day long!

Note that even though this seems to be fixed, I'll never buy another Samsung appliance. After the vibrating refrigerator, the washing machine that only lasted 3 years (and needed 2 major repairs), and a television that gave up far too soon, I'm done.

userDFE22NNVav
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I think this  is the same problem I have with this brutal fridge. Had it 2 years now and started getting water build up under cool select pantry drawer which winds up on floor eventually. The fridge is level but it sounds like it needs to be siting on the screw down legs and very slightly higher in front.  Is that accurate?

I have only used the more expensive samsung water filter because I thought that might be the problem but it is no different.  The ice maker has always been terrible and it has frozen up twice so maybe the doors don't seal well even though level.  ANY help ould be appreciated as I have tried contacting samsung for solutions but they aren't very helpful

userRljpXgGyck
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I raised the front of mine just so that the wheels were off the ground as well as caulking the inside of the ice maker and around the edges and have not had an issue with the back or the ice maker icing up. It has been less than a week but usually the ice maker has iced up by now after defrosting it. Also, the back of the inside was not fully defrosted when I turned the fridge back on and the ice was still gone in the morning which tells me something "started working" in there..... Good luck Ya'll! 

P.S.....called Samsung (again) after reading all these comments and about the class action lawsuit and they said that there records show that "they fixed my unit after the last call" and that "we have no reports of this sort of issue". 

LOL! What a joke!

userC08nJCfS9z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When was the class action suit and what can we do about it?  I don't have the money to keep sinking into repairs or to buy a new refrigerator.  I will never buy another samsung anything.

Highlighted
usereiy5aPHvDN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have contacted an attorney who deals with consumer rights. It will take sometime to gather information and then I will post if anyone wants to join. I myself paid $2300+ for my refrigerator 3 1/2 years I have paid for 5 different repair techs and almost $1000 in parts. I now have 3 different thermostats in the fridge and for a year I have not bought anything major because food goes bad. That is the sad part

userHMpvfogAFa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don’t know if you have a solution yet but the problem is not in the evaporator fan. It is the drain that get frozen. You can go onto YouTube and fine loads of videos that lead you through the process of getting the drain cleared. The problem is you may have to do this every two years or so. We need a class action on this issue. I just fixed mine today.

userSb4UP7082f
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your doing it every 2 years be thankful, mine is once a week

samsug_rf31f
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Raised the front, changed sensor location to return of tube. It did not resolve the problem, after 3 days, I can see the ice build up on the back panel of the refrigerator.

It must be a product defect. This thing did not happen in first year of operation.

usercpaObTYEcp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
WOW!!! 21 pages of complaints of the very same issue!! Samsung, shame on you! Get off your tails and start fixing our refrigerators. We paid THOUSANDS for your products and you are not fixing an issue that is obviously rampant in the french door style fridge! I bought mine in 2014 when I did a full kitchen remodel. Just last month the ice over began, and now the fan noise, everything that everyone is complaining about here. If anyone is in on the class action...let me know. I am a single mother that cannot afford a $600 POSSIBLE repair fix. This is gross negligence to the consumer and I hope they are made to pay for every repair on this forum as well as the many other forums with the exact same issue. Customer service is apparently not important to Samsung. Time for a new phone and I guarantee it won't be a Samsung, as well any new appliances I purchase will not be Samsung. Long term outlook for the Samsung employee reading this. If you had fixed this when it FIRST started you would have thousands of HAPPY customers boasting about the amazing service you provide. Instead you have a nightmare of people talking to complete strangers in stores telling them to avoid the Samsung name!! Here is a novel idea, start fixing the issue now before it is a public relations nightmare on CNN, FOX, and all the other networks!