Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
usereiy5aPHvDN
Asteroid

Re: Evaporator Fan freezing RF263BEAESR French door refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think the Evaperator Fan and whatever the loud knocking issue is seems to be appliance wide. Many many people are saying there is the same issue. Why isnt someone from Samsung on here trying to help? It just makes me so angry that it is a product malfunction and we are not doing anything, obviously, so why not make people happy?

userR5ehIX4YKx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I totally agree! My sister in law was paid back what she paid for her fridge but it was bought during a huge sale and wasn’t enough to replace it! They kept the money and still have the defective Samsung French door fridge. We also have the exact same one with all the same issues as well as a constantly freezing up of the ice maker. Never buy the Samsung French door fridge!! It should be recalled!! 

userrJWBMg2ZKd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am so angry now I can't see straight.  Anyways, fridge evaporator repeatedly freezes over.  I also have E40 and E25 errors.  I want to replace the thermistor for the defrost but I cant for the life of me figure out which part number it is.  My refrigerator is RF28HMEDBSR/AA.   I plan on doing the copper wire as well because the drain is frozen over.   Any help would really really be appreciated.  Any chance I get I'm gonna warn people away from their appliances.  This is just bad.  

userckaqM8vdGP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there,

i came upon this discussion blog after having repeatedly issues with ice build up on my samsung RF266. I already replace the bigger drain clip and is following your instructions. However when I took the fridge apart I noticed that black plastic has melt into the temperature sensor. I was able to remove the small chunk of black plastic and relocate the temp sensor per your instructions. Is it possible that the melted plastic is the cause of my ice issue? I already order a new temp sensor so plan or replacing that next but any advice would be great. My refrigerator is only 6 years old. Thank you in advance!

userg1kpytm9c9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just a consumer like you and really don't have any other advice other than what I've found online.  I have followed some troubleshooting info if your ice maker is also icing up....http://www.theinvisibleblog.com/2016/01/how-to-defrost-samsung-ice-maker.html

userXtOwTOxdu8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same issues like yours.

My samsung koelkast RSJ1KEMH is not cooling at all. I put my fridge on vacation mode and left for 3 weeks holidays. After I come back both the freezer and the fridge were warm. I plug out and plug in, but it then both the displays (on each door) were off except one vertical bar on the fridge door was blinking (figured out it is defrost sensor error code). If i press Freezer and Vacationmode together for 8 secs then the entire display is on. however both display 22degree.

Yesterday, I opened the inside evaporator panel and I see some thick black plastic cover at the start of evaporator line was melted and a bit deposited on the evaporator cooling fins. To say evaporator line starts with thick tube and ends with very thin (copper) tube. On the thinner part there was a huge black plastic wrap which is melted.Please see the attached photos. Near the drain out area at the bottom i see black spot as well, possibly because of heater heating longer?? Rest of the panel looks okay. Seems only black plastic thing is only melted leaving the end of evaporator line naked. The defrost sensor is on the safe side but might be broken.

What can be done from here? do you expect a leakage throught copper tubing? Is it important to make black plastic coating again (how can we do that)? Is the defrost sensor broken and it was continous on heating mode?

For me it is a mystery now. What did you do to solve such problems?

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and serial number of the unit.

user3GHYfmPpav
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, i have had exactly the same thing happen to my samsung fridge re the icing up then the black heat sheild melted off, how did you go repairing the fridge? I am considering ordering a whole new evaporator/heating element, was it worth fixing? Kind regards Hayley

user8R6DFiFsvx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I replaced the heater coil I had already extended the metal wire down the tube that was freezing & making water overflow. Once we changed the heater coil my ice maker quit what tha heck caused that? This has been 2weeks & now my fridge is 65* again but freezer is still working but no ice maker I was lead to believe that this was a good refrigerator I paid 1200$  I don’t know what to do 

user0Nsmn14AJX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem and are also tired of spending Sunday afternoon defrosting the coils. It has also been impossible to get anyone to come to take a look- repairmen seem to avoid Samsung refrigerators like the plague! In addition to the coils/fan freezing up the ice maker develops frost and also stops working.  Has anyone had a repair that fixed the problem? I doubt we will ever buy another samsung product again- it's ridiculous that an appliance this expensive breaks down after less than 2 years!