cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usereiy5aPHvDN
Asteroid

Re: Evaporator Fan freezing RF263BEAESR French door refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have contacted an attorney who deals with consumer rights. It will take sometime to gather information and then I will post if anyone wants to join. I myself paid $2300+ for my refrigerator 3 1/2 years I have paid for 5 different repair techs and almost $1000 in parts. I now have 3 different thermostats in the fridge and for a year I have not bought anything major because food goes bad. That is the sad part

userHMpvfogAFa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don’t know if you have a solution yet but the problem is not in the evaporator fan. It is the drain that get frozen. You can go onto YouTube and fine loads of videos that lead you through the process of getting the drain cleared. The problem is you may have to do this every two years or so. We need a class action on this issue. I just fixed mine today.

userSb4UP7082f
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your doing it every 2 years be thankful, mine is once a week

samsug_rf31f
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Raised the front, changed sensor location to return of tube. It did not resolve the problem, after 3 days, I can see the ice build up on the back panel of the refrigerator.

It must be a product defect. This thing did not happen in first year of operation.

Highlighted
usercpaObTYEcp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
WOW!!! 21 pages of complaints of the very same issue!! Samsung, shame on you! Get off your tails and start fixing our refrigerators. We paid THOUSANDS for your products and you are not fixing an issue that is obviously rampant in the french door style fridge! I bought mine in 2014 when I did a full kitchen remodel. Just last month the ice over began, and now the fan noise, everything that everyone is complaining about here. If anyone is in on the class action...let me know. I am a single mother that cannot afford a $600 POSSIBLE repair fix. This is gross negligence to the consumer and I hope they are made to pay for every repair on this forum as well as the many other forums with the exact same issue. Customer service is apparently not important to Samsung. Time for a new phone and I guarantee it won't be a Samsung, as well any new appliances I purchase will not be Samsung. Long term outlook for the Samsung employee reading this. If you had fixed this when it FIRST started you would have thousands of HAPPY customers boasting about the amazing service you provide. Instead you have a nightmare of people talking to complete strangers in stores telling them to avoid the Samsung name!! Here is a novel idea, start fixing the issue now before it is a public relations nightmare on CNN, FOX, and all the other networks!
userwWNUki9tEx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wrong. Wheels up, properly leveled, iced coils and fan.

userDJvmXFk0XZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This should not be listed as a solution or "solved"

My RF 263 BEAESER is ~ 5 years old. It worked fine until this past year. I have manually defrosted it twice now by unplugging (no ice chipping).

The defrost coil was tested and determined to be good.

The sensor was replaced to be 100% certain.

The sensor was relocated per the trouble shooting manual.

Never had the clogged drain line problem.

"Tipping" the refrigerator made no difference. The refrigerator was correctly installed level - don't know why I even tried this.

So what's left other than replacement? The fan chewing into the ice block sounds like a Mac truck. 

Where can I find information about the law suit?

userAYhk3lURfa
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is happening to our fridge too.  The effort it takes to empty the fridge, let the ice on the back panel thaw (24 hours), remove all shelving in order to remove the back panel, check that all ice has melted and clean up water with towels, launder towels, get food from fridge and freezer to and from garage... How is this acceptable?  We paid around 2800 dollars for ours 3 yrs ago.  What a waste of materials and money!  It would be a small consolation to get a response from Samsung on here to say they have acknowledged the problem and/or changed the design.  

userdGj9zLDkU4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve had the rf28hmedbsr since 2014, and about 2 or so years later, I started to have this problem. At first, it was freezing up every month, requiring me to use an air blower to melt the ice. Then I attempted to raise the fridge until the freezer door easily closes by itself. That increased the time period a bit, but still not good. I finally moved the temperature sensor to the middle U shape piping between the intake and outtake. It’s been almost 4 months since it’s iced up, but I don’t know how long it will last. I guess it’s some small consolation to only do this 2-3 times a year instead of every month? Definitely never buying a Samsung fridge again and I tell all my friends and family to stay far far away. 

Bachir Bakkour
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please let us know if this fix has worked!