cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usereiy5aPHvDN
Cosmic Ray

Re: Evaporator Fan freezing RF263BEAESR French door refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Over 3 years of this, ruined floors and being fed up I found a solution from a handyman. Defrost Heater Assembly
Genuine OEM Part #: DA47-00244W 
It is about $70 and fairly easy to do. The ice was so built up that the panel was being streteched and I had ablock of ice on the coils. It is warm here and it took a day to defrost and then you can see that the heater coul under the compressor type coils was not working, so the ice builds up, stops the fan and so on

userbRbd3MqmDM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apparently there is no fix for this problem!  I have had my repair guy out 3 times.  He has moved lines, reprogrammed the defrost cycle, and nothing works.  It is now once again not working. When I call him tomorow it will be the 4 time in 4 months.  He said the only one he could recommend is SubZero, which I cannot afford.  I think I will drag my old whirlpool up from the basement and go back to it.  

user3faWwMXFcN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree! We have had the same issue. Beyond frustrated! Did you ever find a fix? Raising the front did not work for us.

userpUdgajFO3M
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks.  I have RF263BEAEBC/AA.  JUST STARTED with this issue.   Thought I was going to call service after another force defroste. Two days later with the same noise from fan again.   Raised front to level, and noise stopped .

userttUB9jqPyQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have Model #RF28HMEDBSR/AA. It was manufactured in MARCH 2015. It worked great for a few year. For the last year and half we have to empty the fridge every single month and turn it off to defrost. Ice builds up on the coils which stops the fan. We tried raising the front which did not work at all.  I've searched teh internet for other ideas to no evail. My husband has spoken to Samsung which was no help either. Samsung needs to stand by their product and give us all new models.

user9ZVxA5sZpe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did you relevel it... I am desperate for something to work 

userJSQxrrbNmB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unscrew the foot pedals all the way (Anti clockwise) will raise the fridge about half inch from the front, if need to raise further put block of wood or something. Find a screwdriver or something with rubber coating to use as leverto raise the fridge a bit while you unscrew with other hand. 

userY7Q4QBRgSA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Raising the front of the fridge is not a solution. Doesn't hurt to do it, but it's not going to help, either.

I have a model RF28HFEDBSR. Bought in 2014. Started getting ice buildup on the evaporator coils about 6 months ago. I usually also get ice buildup forming in the ice maker compartment. When I first experienced the problem, I used the twist down legs to raise the front off the wheels. I also replaced my water filter. Those were the two solutions offered by Samsung. Neither has worked. I have now defrosted the fridge 3 times in 6 months.

I have observed water pooling under the crisper drawers. But that's the least of the problems. The big problem is that the ice buildup eventually gets so great that the ice maker stops working and the fridge starts to buzz because the fan in back of the fridge is striking the ice buildup.

Samsung knows this is a design flaw. They have issued a technical service bulletin to supposedly address it. They are also facing a class action lawsuit in the federal District of New Jersey. Samsung's motion to dismiss the suit should be heard in late May 2018. Assuming they lose (and I think they will), Samsung will likely settle quickly and perhaps everyone will finally get some relief. That relief will likely require a mandatory, free repair and perhaps a monetary pittance.

For now, best you can do is badger Samsung for a fix. The best Samsung initially offered to do was pay for material, but not labor. So they comp a few bucks in parts and hit me with hundreds in labor?! That's real generous, Samsung. Creeps. It took me 5 days of calling and speaking to over 10 reps, including several managers, but they finally relented and are paying for the entire cost of the "repair." You have to be persistent, and you have to speak to a manager. Don't let them admonish you that your fridge is out of warranty, or that the best they can do is pay for material. They KNOW this is a *design flaw* that is subject to a lawsuit.

Mind you, I have no idea if this repair will actually fix the problem, but it's a start.

finzidad
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This advice is pure nonsense, pardon me for saying so. This problem is a known issue with Samsung, even though they keep selling them. The cause is a piece of metal attached to the defrosting heater cableing behind the rear panl inside the fresh food compartment. The little piece of aluminum is attached to the heater and is supposed to stick down into the drain hold under the coils... it should transfer some heat from the heater into the hole to prevent an ice plug. Well, it barely sticks down 1/8" into the hole... Ice plugs it up, water can't drain, more fruost leads to a massive ice build-up which stops the fan, which warms the food compartment, which pools water (which often freezes) below the deli drawer, which stops the fridge from keeping food cold.

This is a KNOWN ISSUE and Samsung should refund... buyback... recall ALL units with this problem (there are many models).

userpiHAHCbb8J
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did.you tilt it?