Original topic:

Extra part after install of range.

(Topic created: 09-30-2021 08:07 PM)
usern4KIUpfKPe
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We received delivery and installation of a Samsung range from Best Buy yesterday. Samsung - Flex Duo™ 5.9 Cu. Ft. Self-Cleaning Freestanding Double Oven Electric Convection Range - Stainless Steel
Model: NE59J7/850WS. Two pieces were left over after the install and I wanted to check if there are  safety issues. Page 7 of my installation guide shows an half inch square of metal called a "Ground Plate". This was not used on the install. Is it critical? The ground wire is **bleep** into the back of the unit. I can send a picture of the installation if you would like to see it.

The other part not installed was the anti-tip bracket. An existing bracket was already mounted on the floor from my old range and this was used by the installers. If all anti-tip brackets are all the same, then this should not be a problem.

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, yes all parts are provided for installation that is needed, as long as the old anti-tip bracket was in good condition that should not be an issue. We advise having appliances professionally installed to be as accurate as possible however you can send a photo of the installation as previously mentioned to review further?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usern4KIUpfKPe
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Here is a pic of the wiring of our range and the ground plate on the page that shows its install. The unit was delivered and installed by a service hired by Best Buy. Is it safe to use the oven without the grond plate installed?stove wires.jpgground plate.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, thank you for the image. It appears the ground plate is not required for this specific installation of the range and as far as I can see you should be good to go. I would encourage you to contact a professional installer for absolute certainty if needed in the future but everything appears to be great. I hope you enjoy your new appliance and thank you for choosing Samsung. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes