JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator family hub touchscreen unresponsive/display doesn't work

(Topic created: 11-20-2018 05:45 PM)
userop64rKJLlo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My family hub touchscreen does not respond to touch since yesterday , I can’t unlock the screen. I turned off the screen and turned it back but I can’t unlock the screen. I unplugged the fridge and it didn’t work either.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I can definitely see how your family hub touchscreen being unresponsive can be problematic. Please confirm the following:

Have you have toggled the red switch at the top of the door?

Did you also try unplugging the refrigerator for 2 minutes?

If you have performed all reset options you can reach out to our Family Hub Support line at 1-800-Samsung for additional troubleshooting steps before proceeding with service. 

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

- If the unit is out of warranty, you can use the following link below to request service or contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung to have service set up for you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

160 Replies
usergrG36cLLRo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Literally just happened to me today as well? I have a warrenty this is a brand new 2 month old fridge but why all of a sudden. Turning on but long let you swipe or any other functions. 

userop64rKJLlo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Mind is out of warranty, 1 year 5 months. I called Samsung, they only scheduled a service appt that  will cost 80 dollars only for the diagnosis plus labor and parts.

usergrG36cLLRo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please let me know if they had to do something serious or was it an easy "code" reset. Also, did you turn off your power or anything prior to this happened or was it literally completely random? 

0 Likes
userop64rKJLlo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

It was random, I have tried turning off the screen and unplugging the refrigerator but it has not helped, the screen is still unresponsive, I can’t unlock the screen.

usergrG36cLLRo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same here ok let me know what you find out please. I appreciate it!

0 Likes
userop64rKJLlo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I hope I can find the way to fix it, or Samsung takes care of it, it is probably a software issue. 

0 Likes
user6ewk9A1MFd
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Mine is a week old and can not swipe screen to unlock.  What’s wrong? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

To reset the unresponsive screen, please toggle the red switch at the top of the door. 

userSs6HhwrmXh
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Is there a video tutorial that shows how to do this?