Original topic:

FIRE!! Electric Range NE58F9500SS

(Topic created on: 1/27/21 10:34 AM)
useri0szxjHYfB
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am reading on the forum about a class action lawsuit regarding knobs unknowingly turning on and Samsung's lack of accountbility.  I have now had 3 fires in my home due to knobs unknowingly turning on.  It has happened more times that I can count and three times resulting in fires.  My husband is an electrical engineer, yes we tried safety knobs.  The latest fire occurred on Monday 01/25/2021 when a dishtowel caught fire causing significant flames, while my one year old was napping and another toddler any my puppy were in the home.  Thankfully, I was home and able to extinguish the fire prior to causing my home to burn down with family inside.  I immediately contacted Samsung, the customer service rep instructed me to get safety knobs or remove the knobs.  This is not a solution. Removing the main function of the appliance?? I waited 24 hours to be contacted back and told there was no recall although clearly there are 100s experiencing the same issue.  The only option would be to have a tech come out.  CLEARLY THERE IS A SAFETY ISSUE.  I requested expedited service as this is a clear danger to my family.  This request was not made, even though I was told it was made and the service rep stated the ticket was due to knobs NOT turning easily.  I want this appliance out of my home immediately, as my children's lives are not worth the risk of continuing to wait for a technician to tell me this is a hazard.  I am sick to my stomach over the lack of accountability, response and urgency by Samsung.  I am literally shaking knowing this forum contains pages of similar reports.  This is unfathomable to me that they would ignore the safety of their consumers when clearly there is an evident issue if they instruct customer service reps to inform people the solution is to remove knobs.  If anyone has moved forward with a class action lawsuit, please reach out to me as I am forced to pursue a legal route since I am getting nowhere trying to move through the process they have determined to be appropriate.  Thank you and I pray this does not happen to anyone else!!!

0 Likes
2 Replies
user5MGcOU654T
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

**please keep us informed**
I have copied my reply to everyone I can find with the same situation! Just to show others they are not alone and definitely being ignored. 

my response below. 

I am so sorry to hear this. I personally have the same issue. Been two years of wondering when Samsun will resolve this issue. I seen complaints dating back to 2017! Samsung does not care. I’ve been bouncing from customer service in the Philippines. They don’t care and claim in three years they particular “customer care” agent has only heard of this twice! I call BS language barrier doesn’t help. I told he I actually had a fire today while unloading groceries. “Just buy knob cover on our parts warehouse” I can’t find them and asked her to please absorb the cost and ship them to me or the stove is going out in the street. She said she can’t do anything for us and all there appliances meet international standards. That’s it. Now I’m on hold for an hour with parts department just to by some ugly piece of junk to keep my house safe. Good luck we all need an Avenue for legal representation. I told her to take my $1200 range back and give me a $900 rest control model. No chance! 

0 Likes
user5MGcOU654T
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

And now I received this message just minutes after reaching out to our members. 

see pic 

1C7622EA-4F7A-420F-8C31-90909DB0C149.jpeg

0 Likes