cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

FIRE HAZARD!!! Electric Range - Model NE58K9430SS/AA

This electric stove/range is a house fire waiting to happen! The burners turn on when simply walking by or when reaching for something in cuboards above it. The front burners and the oven turn on when I spray cleaning solution on it! We have to remove the burner knobs after use for safety measure...is this acceptable?!!! We have had three incidences where items on the stove have melted and could have cause fire or injury. Why is this stove/range not being recalled? Is Samsung waiting for a lawuit...or worse injury or death? I have tried to report to only receive long wait times and end up texting with some ominous Samsung rep that answer with scripted, "Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Have you contact the Doctor for medication? Really Samsung?!!! 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: FIRE HAZARD!!! Electric Range - Model NE58K9430SS/AA

Please check this Information Link for assistance with this issue. Samsung recommends not leaving flammable items on your cooktop.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: FIRE HAZARD!!! Electric Range - Model NE58K9430SS/AA

We bought our Samsung oven (NE58K9430SS/AA) and Home Depot installed it 3/23/2020, the STOVE is a definate Lawsuit waiting to happen, the oven has a LOCK, but the STOVE knobs do not. They have no detents, or anything to keep them from moving on their own.

Many times the stove knobs turn a burner on, causing fires and things to heat up that should not, without anyone turning them.

Just passing by the stove, or reaching for something in the cabinets will turn the burners on. One burner caught fire last night burning the front right Burner badly cracking the glass burner. Will see what we can legally do to get the glass top replaced.