Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userw9fcFRPvJ7
Asteroid

FIXED: Refrigerator Not Cooling / Blinking Temp

FIXED:

-Unplug your refrigerator

-Remove rear bottom panel and vacuum out all the dust in the coils

-Open doors and remove all food and shelves (might as well clean the now)

-Remove twin cooling panel by removing screws

-Take a hair dryer to all the ice (put towel under the condensor)

-Wrap copper lines in paper towels, then wrap the paper towels with aluminum foil to make homemade insulation over the pipes in the upper right corner

-Reinstall everything

-Plug back in 

-Made sure the fridge is at least 2" from wall

-Hold down the Power Freeze and the Power Cool buttons at the same time for 3 to 5 secs to take it out of showroom mode where the cooling is not set to operate

-Everything will blink then it will stop. This resets the fridge.

-It will take about 4-5 hrs to cool off again to 37 degrees.

-You're welcome

3 REPLIES 3
userZ7VRJohst5
Asteroid

Re: FIXED: Refrigerator Not Cooling / Blinking Temp

RF18HFENBSP 4 yr. Old Samsung French door. SAME problem! Started flashing 44° but didn't stop. Faint fan noise when door open stops when closed. No problems with door seals. WAS working fine until THIS. Did everything except the wrapping originally.  (Just saw your post today) I will now push both buttons to try to reset. Should I unplug again BEFORE this action? Its been on all night after steps 1-5. Small decrease in fridge compartment overnight but since I opened the door back to 61° 

userw9fcFRPvJ7
Asteroid

Unplug the fridge. If you have not taken the inside back panel off, then do so because it is most likely caked with ice. Put a blow dryer to it and melt all the ice. Then insulate the top copper tube pipes with styrafoam or papertowel and aluminum foil like I did. Then reinstall the panel and the shelves. Plug it back in. Then do the reset by pushing both buttons in at the same time. It will take about 4-5hrs to cool off again. Good luck!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for this suggestion. Please be aware that Samsung does not support self-repair and it may void your warranty.