cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keoni21
Constellation

FLEX Ice Maker Issues

Hello,

I started a new discussion because a lot of them were model specific and I didn't want to reply in those to confuse.  I have multiple issues and now a problem:

1.  Model is : RF22M9581SR

2. Issues : frosting over.  My remedy for this was to remove the ice bucket every other weekend and clean out the area - very frustrating, been doing this for almost a year!!  There has to be a fix for this besides taping up the edge like most have been doing on this forum.

3. Ice Maker occassionally doesn't make ice, at all, no clues why.  I have in the past just reset the hub (top right door, interior, remove trap cover and flip the red switch for  a couple minutes).  

4. Ice Maker is not making ice at all now, despite my previous attempts working in the past, but it has been a week that no ice is being made.  I recently have a filter warning that it'll soon expire but it is not expired and not clogged (I tested the water pressure by filling a glass of water using door spout with current filter and without, no change in pressure really).

Please help!  When I checked for clogging of filter, I emptied the filter and can see the usual dirt (light) empty out but nothing alarming, I'm going to change the filter again but I do not suspect the filter cartridge to be the culprit of why the ice maker quick making ice.

Thanks in advance!!

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: FLEX Ice Maker Issues

we are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link, and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.