cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

FRIDGE NOT COOLING & NOT MAKING ICE

We purchased Samsung refrigerator (RF26J7500WW) on May 30, 2016. Now the fridge is not cooling enough (15-16 C, 59-61F) and not making ice.

Within TWO YEARS (2018), we had a problem with the top part (fridge) that was not cooling enough. When we called Samsung, they told us to call Unique Repair Services. We called them and they sent a technician over and charged $129 just for diagnosis and would charge $428 to fix it for the two year old fridge. It was just ridiculous.

We just decided to turn the fridge off for about 24 hours and turned it back on, ice all melted and the fridge started working again. It was summer, I was pregnant with two little kids and had to toss a lot of food from the fridge just in case.

Next year in 2019, same problem reoccurred, we tried the same method (turn off, melt built up ice in the back and turn back on) but it did not last long, so we finally had the technician come over, he fixed and we paid $361.81. So TOTAL IT COST $491.81 FOR THE THREE YEAR OLD FRIDGE (plus thrown away food and my labor), hoping it would last long.

THE NEXT YEAR in 2020 SEPTEMBER, THE FRIDGE IS NOT COOLING AGAIN and IT IS NOT MAKING ICE.

I called Unique Repair Services and the lady said, since their warranty lasts for 90 days, I need to have technician over again and pay the cost to fix the problem. So basically I need to pay another $500 + and now I cannot guarantee how long it will last and it is ridiculous to pay $500 every year to fix it.

I really want Samsung to think about if it makes sense to them for their customer to spend $1000 to repair their fridge within five years. Seriously I would like to ask Samsung what you can do to fix this problem.