Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fridge not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the unit has one compartment that is not cooling at all, but the other compartment is working correctly, perform the following:

1. Verify the door has not been left open.
  2. Verify the seals around the door are not dirty. Dirty seals can cause gaps large enough to let in warm air, which affects cooling.
    • If the seals are dirty, clean them and allow 24 hours to regain temp.  
    • If the seals are damaged, service is required.
  3. Cut the power to the refrigerator for 5 minutes (unplug it or flip the circuit breaker), and then restore power. If after 3 hours, the fridge is still not cooling, service is required.

Make sure that the unit is leveled. A properly leveled unit can prevent potential cooling issues, noises, or leaks, your refrigerator needs to be level. This link below will show you how to level your fridge and make minor leveling adjustments

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062321/ 

If the unit does not appear to have any power at all (the control panel is also blank and none of the lights come on when the door is opened), this is a different issue and needs to be brought up in its own thread.

If the unit display indicates O FF, OF OF, or has scrolling temperature bars (depending on the model), the unit is in Cooling Off Mode. I can provide steps for getting the unit out of this mode if needed. 

If the refrigerator is not in Cooling Off mode, has power, and is still not cooling at all, unplug the refrigerator (or flip the circuit breaker) for 2 minutes, then plug it back in. If the refrigerator still does not cool, service is required.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

- If you're OUT of warranty, use the following link to locate a service center in your area:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My sansung refrigerator model no is RF260BEAESG. It not even one and half years i bought that. Iy started making loud sounds and now it is not cooling. It is 68 degree F. I got rhe ticket to call the servuce center my warranty ecpires and i have to pay the diagnostics  and other extra parts.  But many reviews say that it will be a chronic problem and i have to repair ir again and again. What should  i do now . Other brand refrigerators  dont have this issue. Please  BEWARE from buying any samsung  refrigerators. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RF228HMEDBSR/AA I bought this one in 2016. Now food is spoiling in the fridge although the display screen shows fridge is at 34 F.

I got 2 thermometers and put them inside at different points where did was spoiling. After 4 hours it shows 42 while outside display shows 34. 

I also tried with Power cooling and also tried to switch off Energy Saving. I might have to watch for 24 hours to see, but then why only for the past one two months food is spoiling? It used to work good.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you had a power surge recently? Have you flipped the circuit breaker as well?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hmm don't know if there was a power surge. I shall try the circuit breaker tomorrow morning and report back here

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung refrigerator RF263BEAESG/AA stopped cooling and it's not even 2 years old. First, I asked for help 10 days ago and no one has contacted me to help me set up an appointment. (Ticket #: 4153443963) My fridge will only cool to around 55 to 57 degrees. I've tried to turn it off and everything they recommend and then they say that I need a technician. Of course, I do! But no one is calling me. I see everywhere online that people are constantly having these issues and I just want a refund at this point. Also, it seems like the technicians are making the issues worse and people are stuck paying for diagnostics and repairs when it seems like the issues are coming from when they are being manufactured. I am extremely disappointed, and I wish I could go back in time and buy another brand.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, my fridge Samsung RL42HGSW is not cooling if left working for a longer time: 
I've set temp 37F for fridge and -4F for freezer, however after working for some time (a day or two) I see that the products inside fridge are condensed, meaning they are getting warmer, although on display panel it is displayed 37F.
When unplugging and plugging the fridge, after starting, the temp reads much higher than 37F set, and compressor starts running and cools it off.
Why would a replugging fix the issue temporarily? I've replaced thermistor about 8 months ago, because there was a huge ice buildup behind freezer compartement which could not cool down upper compartement (fridge) at all. Now, it cooled down till recent days until the aforementioned problem appeared. Thank you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for the inconvenience. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited. I would recommend reaching out to the country in which your device was manufactured/purchased for assistance with the appropriate troubleshooting for your product: https://eu.community.samsung.com/

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 3-Door French Door Fridge (RF20HFENBSR) and the entire fridge part is no longer cooling properly. I engage the Power Cool feature and nothing happens. For the past several days is has consistently stayed between 50-53 degrees. I have only had this fridge for 3 years and I really hope this is something that can be covered by the warranty. Anyone else having a similar issue and was it covered? Please help, this is the worst timing for something like this to happen! I am 4 months pregnant with 3 small children and my husband all on lock-down because of the pandemic. We cannot lose our fridge right now! HELP!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the unit has one compartment that is not cooling at all, but the other compartment is working correctly, perform the following:

1. Verify the door has not been left open.
  2. Verify the seals around the door are not dirty. Dirty seals can cause gaps large enough to let in warm air, which affects cooling.
    • If the seals are dirty, clean them and allow 24 hours to regain temp.  
    • If the seals are damaged, service is required.
  3. Cut the power to the refrigerator for 2 minutes (unplug it or flip the circuit breaker), and then restore power. If after 3 hours, the fridge is still not cooling, service is required.

If the unit does not appear to have any power at all (the control panel is also blank and none of the lights come on when the door is opened) Then this will require service. 

If the unit display indicates O FF, OF OF, or has scrolling temperature bars (depending on the model), the unit is in Cooling Off Mode. I can provide steps for getting the unit out of this mode if needed. 

If the refrigerator is not in Cooling Off mode, has power, and is still not cooling at all, unplug the refrigerator (or flip the circuit breaker) for 2 minutes, then plug it back in. If the refrigerator still does not cool, service is required.

If all of this has been completed then service repairs is what is needed. You may message us with the model code and serial number in order to verify the warranty term. If the unit is out of warranty, you are welcome to use the following link to seek local authorized repair centers and obtain pricing information: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location