Asteroid

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userpOMk6kxw8E
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I believe I am also seeing same issue with my samsung refrigerator, which is just 2 years old. Heard fan clicking noise for sometime and then the noise stopped. Fridge would not cool after that. Freezer works fine. Any guidelines how to resolve this issue successfully? Would defrosting from the control panel help? Also, since the freezer is fine - that should mean the compressor is fine. Right?

userU2p0Nvf6JZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow that is exactly the same thing we are going through with this samsung fridge. I won’t ever buy anything Samsung again. 

userfX67lpCaV3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Refrigerator is 6 years old.  Stopped cooling.  Freezeer is working.  Okay, so I cleaned the seals, vacuumed the coils, unplugged the unit and reset.  Not on demo.  Put temp on 34 and can't get above 59 degrees.  I called Samsung and the person askes me if I have too much food, not enough food, did I leave the door open did I unplug and so on.  Yes I did and I am calling for service.   I called a few place who advertise they repair Samsungs..nope..I am told the parts are too expensive and they break easily.  Last month I had to replace my Samsung dishwasher.  5 years old and could not get anyone to come look at it and for that reason I will not purchase a Samsung ever again.

userjHyOFiinHf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung has the worst refrigerators made - mine doesnt cool, ice maker gets all gummed up, my whole family got sick from all the mold and moisture in their fridges. They have terrible customer service and their products suck.

my 17 month old baby threw up last night from food poisoning because of my samsung fridge!

userlhk9rGdT25
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What ever was your resolution? I have the exact same model with the same issue. I spoke to someone in the Dominican Republic from customer service and was told as you that a service tech will need to come out. I’ve has the fridge for 4 years. I’m looking for ways to avoid the apparent hassle that you’ve been through.  

capescuba
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got exactly the same problem here too ... model RF23J9011SR/AA. Freezer cooling is fine, fridge is almost 60f. My GE fridge in the garage, yep, still going.

I love Samsung, but this is a disaster.

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So sorry to hear that your fridge is not cooling.  Please provide me the following information and I will be glad to look into this for you.  Please send to the following link 

http://bit.ly/2xVe6x3

1. Any Error Codes?
  • Name:
  • Physical Address:
  • Email Address:
  • Home #:
  • Mobile #:
  • Complete Model Code:
  • Complete Serial Number:
  • Place of Purchase:
  • Method of Contact, if service is needed (Email/SMS):
  • Extended Warranty Plan:
eyedoctor28
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

These refrigerators seriously need a recall. When you've got youtube videos showing you how to defrost manually and force defrost with codes on your panel, there is a problem that needs to be fixed. 

Our fridge has now stopped cooling for the third time in the last 10 months. Each time the service company has said the parts ordered from samsung keep getting pushed back on backorder. Both repairs took 6-8 weeks from the time the fridge stopped cooling. So far this time, the fridge hasn't been cooling for about a month, and still no repair. Who knows how long. That means over the last 10 months, the fridge hasn't worked at all for 4-5 months in the last 10 months. That's insane.

For the last year I keep checking into buying a new fridge. Part of me refuses just out of principle. A new fridge shouldn't need this much work. Luckily, we are vegan and only have produce/veggies for the most part in our fridge. Sure, we've had some fruit and veggies go bad quicker and need to be thrown out, but it's better than throwing out meat, milk, cheese, etc. 

Samsung just really doesn't care that the consumers that buy their product have such bad experiences. At the end of the day, as long as they still have pretty units on display in home depot and lowe's, they'll continue to sell new units. The only way to hurt them is to tell everyone you know to never buy a samsung appliance.. ever.