Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user0VHCFuTSqJ: Could you provide a transaction number that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all,

it it looks like I’m experiencing the same issue as many others. I have a Samsung French door refrigerator I purchased just over 3 years ago (my extended warranty and expired about 6 weeks ago). The refrigerator section of my unit will not cool below 57 degrees, but the freezer appears to be working just fine. 

I submitted a ticket this morning. It looks like I have a couple of authorized repair centers in my area. What are people’s experience with getting this issue fixed? Are technicians able to actually fix this issue (regardless of who is paying for the visit), or are people having to shell out for new refrigerators?

I know everyone’s experience is a little different, but I am just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

you are out of luck unfortunately. I am waiting for a tech right now for the 10th visit from 2 different repair compaines.  They have replaced every part that has to deal with the cooling system. It has been broken for 3 days, both the refrigerator and freezer are at 67 degrees.  NEVER AGAIN buying SAMSUNG.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Send us a private message: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My fridge is a piece of junk. I have had it serviced over 5 times in as many months. I will tell EVERYONE I know NEVER to buy SAMSUNG as they do not stand behind their product. They do not admit they made a mistake with their refridgerators. My last repair guy (he specializes in frideg repair) and he said 99% of his repairs are on SAMSUNG products. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine quite after 2 yrs of use as well.  Samsung won’t do anything for us. $3400 down the drain what a waste.  Still don’t get how the bottom works but the top doesn’t. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

CAN YOU PLEASE OFFER HERE WHAT TO DO? I am hoping that I will be private messaged with a solution, as that seems to be happening here, but if there is a solution, then I would expect Samsung to offer it to all affected. Yep. Same story here for an expensive side-by-side RS25H5111SR purchased a few years back. Freezer has and still does work well, but top of the "Twin Cooling Plus" fresh food side has been a problem for a long time. We have lived with that -- putting food only in the bottom -- because the refrigerator is located in a Samsung repair 'dead zone' geographically though the store somehow managed to deliver it here, for their well-earned nickel, of course. Now I fear the refrigerator fan is not functioning at all: not cooling. If it means anything toward diagnosis, I unplugged it expecting to have to defrost, but there were perhaps a couple tablespoons of ice melt, if that much. After plugging it in again, the freezer is working well, fresh food remains in a cooler outdoors. 

I would prefer knowing what to expect and what not to accept as diagnosis before involving an unwitting local technician who will get paid regardless.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

<hidden>, not happy with buying a $4000 fridge that last two years. Maybe Samsung should stick with TVs

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user8FqvstAZiS Can you please confirm the model number of the refrigerator? I would be happy to provide those steps. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

2 year old Samsung Fridge, Bottom freeze works perfect.  The Fridge itself will not get below 43 degrees.  Used two external thermometers to measure temp.  The friedge reports that the internal temp is 35, however its not.  You see so many posts about this issue all over the internet.  This has to be a design flaw.    Samsung, what do we do?

Kevin