cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKu2cTm6R6K
Astronaut

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i am having similar issues. Here when you call them, they talk to you sweetly and how they care. I was told a technician team will call me and schdule an appointment. No one called for 15 days. So I called a local tech. They to charged me $90 for diagnosis and told me it iwll work. Nothing worked and now they are saying there is a control board problem and they have to get the part form Sansung. apparently the part is on back order. I cannot believe that a product that sells in large quantities cannot be supported quickly.

suresh

userXDYDmnyd5X
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue as most people here with the fridge not cooling. The middle tray is working fine and so is the freezer. The error codes that are displayed are 22e and 25e. Should I buy a new defrost sensor / thermistor?

My model # is RF23HSESBSR/AA

My serial # is <Hidden>

userq4cc2rJL8J
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem on model RS25H5111SR/AA

We purchased the fridge on April 2015 from Best Buy.

We first had the icemaker break down but since we bought 3-year warranty from Best Buy, they repaired it for us.

Then we noticed the shelves in the freezer side kept falling and not fit properly.  

After numerous phone calls between Best Buy, (saying the shelves are not covered under the warranty) and Samsung saying (their one year warranty was over), we had to get Samsung’s local tech who seemed shady and very rude. He did not listen to my logic and insisted that the inside of the freezer was manufactured a little too wide and if I purchase a new shelf, it will not solve the problem.

Back and forth between Best Buy, Samsung and this local Samsung tech (who had us pay $240 for service and a shelve) which we will never get back.

Samsung gave Best Buy new shelves for us to pick up and it does not fit like the old one. The tech would not take back his shelf and of course will not give back any refund.

Now the fridge began to make loud noises since past week and today, the temperature went up to 64F and the blinking light kept going on the fridge temperature. I called Samsung and they told me the same as I read below, turning the power off for 2 minutes then .........

It got worse than when I began the un-plug theory and everything went south. I took the entire foodstuff to my garage fridge and now trying to figure out what to do next. 

Our garage fridge Gladator we bought over 10 years and never had a problem. 

My husband and I definitely DO NOT want to deal with the local rude rep that came to my house earlier this year.

We have our entire televisions throughout the house, Samsung brand and my husband kept saying that it’s the best brand but now we learned the hard and expensive way not to buy Samsung brand! 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with any transaction numbers that you may have? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung does not recommend the use of a hair dryer to your fridge,

• Warning: DO NOT use a hair dryer to attempt to loosen the ice bucket. This will damage the refrigerator.
Highlighted
userZAW1iYsyCn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Gee SanSungCat, what do you suggest?? Your product is horrible and you as a HUGE WEALTHY company do nothing to help us consumers. Your customer service is only as bad if not worse than your fridgerators.
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZAW1iYsyCn: Do you have a previous ticket number I can look into? 

userFp4MfU49J6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What would you recommend then, other than throwing good money after bad? You read many posts here explaining the way the Samsung authorized repair shops bitting money out of consumer for costly and ineffective part replacements instead of confronting Samsung with the widespread issue and demanding the recall?! 

userz0xAGqVSNJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model rf28hmedbsr.

My milk started spoiling quicker then usual.   I but my thermometer in and it reads 57°.  I think I'm having the same problem as everyone else.  Do you guys have any suggestions before I pay a tech to come out?  Thanks!

userXTy9YcIZai
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi

I had this exact same issue (starting July 2018). My fridge section would not go below 54 deg. I read the comments and figured out that the issue is in the evaporator fan section which gets frozen. There are a few youtube videos too on how to fix it but I found it too time consuming.

What I did:

Disconnected the fridge and let it defrost for 2 days. Cleaned the fridge and connected it back again.

Give it 4-5 hours and your fridge should be back to 38 deg or whatever temp you set.

Hope this helps.

Thanks