Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userXTy9YcIZai
Constellation

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi

I had this exact same issue (starting July 2018). My fridge section would not go below 54 deg. I read the comments and figured out that the issue is in the evaporator fan section which gets frozen. There are a few youtube videos too on how to fix it but I found it too time consuming.

What I did:

Disconnected the fridge and let it defrost for 2 days. Cleaned the fridge and connected it back again.

Give it 4-5 hours and your fridge should be back to 38 deg or whatever temp you set.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
userxmXGYh9dTC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i find out what happen see the video thank you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq53F9ZgWog&t=73s only 20$ to fixed thank you
user8d3VE6tvbl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We agree, they stuck, we have Samsung washer and dyer that we have had to repair, less than 4 years old, and now the refrigerator, Never again, not even a T. V. Buyer beware, stick to GE. 

userXTy9YcIZai
Constellation

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING.. Solution that worked for me

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

I had this exact same issue (starting July 2018). My fridge section would not go below 54 deg. I read the comments and figured out that the issue is in the evaporator fan section which gets frozen. There are a few youtube videos too on how to fix it but I found it too time consuming.

What I did:

Disconnected the fridge and let it defrost for 2 days. Cleaned the fridge and connected it back again.

Give it  4-5 hours and your fridge should be back to 38 deg or whatever temp you set.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

userAYVM6xoo10
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I thank you for this advice...I just sat with a chat representative who could not tell me anything...I will call but be care of what they say. Thanks again

useripvuI5hQAJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem as everyone else on here.  Refrigerator fan started making a loud noise for a few days and then the refrigerator stopped cooling to the 34 degree set point.   Model RF28HFEDTSR/AA.  It appears to me that Samsung is aware of this issue but does not want to repair it.  

My next step is to file a complaint with the State of California or BBB.

Mike

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useripvuI5hQAJ please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number here: Link

userXPOHx7BCG3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My fridge started the same thing tonight..

Was making a "clicking or tapping" noise from the back..

Unplugged it and plugged it back in..

It's set for 37, but is showing 58..

We just spent a couple of hundred dollars on groceries, and now they'll be lost..

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your fridge.  Please provide me with your complete model code and serial number to the link below and I will be glad to verify the warranty status on your unit and look into this matter for you.  

userzWDZowUrU0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It appears that this is an on-going issue (based on posts in this forum).  I have the French door unit (out of warranty, of course) and have been experiencing ice build up on the cooling coils in both the refrigerator and freezer and have had repair service several times for this issue only for it to re-occur.  Right now the loud noise is coming from the freezer, again.  I am not putting another penny into repairs.  Samsung's products are some of the most expensive on the market and they are nothing but junk.  NEVER again will I purchase a Samsung product.