cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eyedoctor28
Astronaut

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

These refrigerators seriously need a recall. When you've got youtube videos showing you how to defrost manually and force defrost with codes on your panel, there is a problem that needs to be fixed. 

Our fridge has now stopped cooling for the third time in the last 10 months. Each time the service company has said the parts ordered from samsung keep getting pushed back on backorder. Both repairs took 6-8 weeks from the time the fridge stopped cooling. So far this time, the fridge hasn't been cooling for about a month, and still no repair. Who knows how long. That means over the last 10 months, the fridge hasn't worked at all for 4-5 months in the last 10 months. That's insane.

For the last year I keep checking into buying a new fridge. Part of me refuses just out of principle. A new fridge shouldn't need this much work. Luckily, we are vegan and only have produce/veggies for the most part in our fridge. Sure, we've had some fruit and veggies go bad quicker and need to be thrown out, but it's better than throwing out meat, milk, cheese, etc. 

Samsung just really doesn't care that the consumers that buy their product have such bad experiences. At the end of the day, as long as they still have pretty units on display in home depot and lowe's, they'll continue to sell new units. The only way to hurt them is to tell everyone you know to never buy a samsung appliance.. ever. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please follow up with us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We can look into that.  Could you send a private message with your serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

capescuba
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did reply and predictably you said I just need to get it serviced. No offer to take care of this as it seems like a widespread issue Smiley Sad

userg2dtOvTLgL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Whirlpool makes a nice refigerator and its made in th USA

userZAW1iYsyCn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I will NEVER buy Samsung again. I will take a look at the Whirlpool--thx
capescuba
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a local technician try to repair my cooling issue. He spent > 17 hours to get it working. Put in a new compressor, flushed the lines with acid etc. But he did eventually get it working! ..... For 1 week, then it stopped again over the weekend.

Time to throw this thing out.

I am amazed there has not been more done by Samsung to address this. We are mostly all capable of checking the warranty on here, and that seems to be all the support can offer us, plus the $200 technician call out to verify it's not working.  Verry dissapointing.

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@capescuba

If you would provide me with the service order number I will gladly look into this for you.  

usercWEa03gDir
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have had this Samsung Refrigerator Model RF4287HARS since 2011 and the first year was great. So I gave away my old side by side Whirlpool. Big MISTAKE! wish I had it now. I didn't realize there were so many issues with these computer circuitry models, I just wanted a beautiful model that kept food well and worked great for at least 10 years like all the rest. now, it is the refrigerator compartment not cooling properly. I called the repair service and they told me they no longer work on Samsung because of too many issues. what a nightmare, never again.