cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benck-999
Constellation

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe my problem is temperature calibration, not freezing. Can you or anyone tell me how to calibrate the fridge readings? I was told this can be done via the touch panel. Maybe a hack, like the force defrost?

userQGLdq0mJTW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

help!!!!!! After the fridge was placed in force defrost.The fridge was disconnected from the electricity 30 seconds and not work properly. Today I disconnected from the electricity for around 6 minutes and the only thing that took temperature was the freezer according to the panel. the fridge stays at 65 ° f. please help

userLE3aNCk7eh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We own a Samsung fridge and we’ve had it about 2 1/2 yrs. the freezer works but not the fridge side. It just stopped working about a week ago. Lost all food. Says 34 degrees but is at 56. I’ve tried everything.

Can we get a class action suit going or a recall?This is unacceptable.

Highlighted
userL8nzlN8ElL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to thank those on this forum who have gone before and posted your issues. You have saved me time and money.  I have the same problem with my refrigerator. 

Results of my chat session with Samsung below.  In the market for a new fridge tomorrow. 

By the way, you cannot review your chat session once they exit it, there were a few more lines at the end that did not make it because I had not copied them before exiting

-------------

6:51 PM

Connecting you to a Care Pro now.

You are connected with Omair BT from Samsung Care.

6:52 PM

Hi, This is Omair. Let me quickly go through the conversation.

6:54 PM

Let me quickly review the previous chat.

6:55 PM

We have not heard from you for some time. Do you wish to continue to chat?

I see that the refrigerator is not cooling, am I correct?

yes. The solution provided did not work to correct the problem of the upper compartment not cooling

6:56 PM

we tried the reset

The lower portion freezer is working

And you have unplugged the refrigerator and plug it back and set the temperatures and enable the power cool still it is not cooling, am I correct?

correct

6:57 PM

that was about 6 hours ago. it still is at 55F

6:58 PM

I see on your support forums, this model in particular has had a large number of failures just like this

7:01 PM

Hi! this is Neethika. Welcome to Samsung Technical Support. I'll quickly go through the conversation.

7:02 PM

Hello 

7:02 PM

hello

7:03 PM

I see that the fridge compartment is not cooling.

7:03 PM

you are correct

7:04 PM

Help me with the model number.
You'll find it on the label on the left interior panel of the refrigerator (usually starts with RF/RS/RM/RB/RH).

7:04 PM

It is RF32FMQDBSR

7:05 PM

I see many reports on your customer discussion forum with this specific problem on this specific model

if you need the serial number it is W76643BF402461Y

Thank you for the model number.

7:06 PM

Thank you for the serial number.

As of now, there are no such reported issues in our database.

When did you set the desired temperatures?

7:07 PM

6 hours ago

7:08 PM

There are 13 pages of discussion of this issue on your customer support website at https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Kitchen/thread-id/699/page/1

7:08 PM

I really appreciate your efforts on doing this.

7:09 PM

Here at Samsung, we want to provide our customers with the best solution possible and we try to exhaust all possible resources and channels.

Samsung doesn’t want to see its customers being upset or unhappy. We intend to provide an exceptional customer service and experience to each of our customers.

Sometimes it is possible that the product does not work as expected and that could be for various reasons. 

Samsung does strive to produce the best product and give the best service.

thank you, i have been pleased with all of our other samsung products

7:11 PM

It seems an internal issue with the fridge compartment, it needs to be diagnosed by a technician.

7:12 PM

That is what I've seen discussed in the forum pages as well

7:12 PM

It seems that for each, the end result was that there was nothing the tech could do

7:13 PM

hopefully it will not take the time and the financial impact described in the pages

7:15 PM

I've checked with my supervisor, service is the only available option.

7:15 PM

Would that be at Samsung's expense?

7:16 PM

If you read through the forum pages, it seems some have paid $500 in service calls that ultimately ended without a solution

7:18 PM

Let me check the warranty information on the refrigerator.

7:19 PM

I see that the warranty has ended on 06/30/2015.

7:19 PM

Since the warranty has expired, the service would be charged.

7:20 PM

I thought there was a five year warranty on internal parts

7:21 PM

Yes, I'm referring to the standard warranty. However, the refrigerator comes with 5 year warranty on sealed system parts.

7:22 PM

If the tech determines issue with any of the sealed system, it will be covered under warranty.

If not, the service will be charged0.

What is the cost of service calls?

I really wish I had the service fee calculator in hand but that is only available with the service techs and the service centers.

7:23 PM

Once I file the service, you'll be contacted within 2 business days, they'll let you know the cost as well.

7:24 PM

Are we good to file the service?

7:25 PM

Unfortunately, if this follows the route of the support forum conversations, the loss of time and financial commitment would make us another one of the statistics that you say you do not have in your data base

7:26 PM

at this point I am skeptical that your service will find a solution

Service Bulletins are published for informational purposes only and intended for use only by person qualified for the specific task depicted.

The information contained in the service bulletin doesn't expand or otherwise alter Samsung's standard limited warranty applicable to the product.

are you sure their is nothing that Samsung can do?

7:28 PM

That does not cause a financial burden to the customer?

7:28 PM

A technician would visit your place and determine where the actual problem is and give it a fix.

7:29 PM

As it is more than 2 years out of warranty, unfortunately, there is no option, it'll cost the repair.

7:30 PM

I believe we are at the point of cutting our losses and getting a non-Samsung refrigerator. Unfortunate because I've liked our Washer, Dryer, Stove, Phones, and TVs

userhOAc09eU44
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is more than likely to be the circuit board which was the death of my fridge. Based on the cost of the new board, it was more practical to spend an additonal 200.00 and buy a brand new or scratch and dent at lowes or hd. Was lucky for i found one that was already marked down and being retired military, i received another discount. You gotta remember, who is gonna see the blemish when it is tucked in its location?

userlPq9HIOJR1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a RS2555sl and the freezer works fine but the right side (fridge) wont cool down how do I get it off cooling off mode 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userlPq9HIOJR1, If one side of the unit is cooling and the other side is not; then service would be required. Where was this unit purchased? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usergbVSSvtNVK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My issue is OFF or Shop Mode

unit enters this phase and stays there without any manual intervention on control panel

we have lost food in freezer due to this

i know how to reset it but why is it happening and why doesn’t it reset itself for safety of food

userElEsT2Ktsp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my fridge for just at 2 yrs now and have been having the problem with the fridge part for about 6 months.  Sometimes it will work for a few days,but goes back to being 64* when the temp says 34* or even 15* (if I hit the power cool, which doesn't cool it). The freezer is fine. Tech has been out and replaced some drain hose which fixed the water in the cooler drawer issue,but I still can't rely on the fridge portion actually cooling. I'm out of warranty, which is b.s.,because this is a major appliance and should have more than a 1 yrs warranty.  I just want the daggum thing to work!! I'm disabled and on a fixed income. I can't afford repairs. When I bought a new fridge, because mine died, I expected it to work and last 20 years like the old one. 2 years ain't cutting it. Please help!!!