cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDaki1PQto9
Constellation

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same. Second gallon of organic milk down the drain this week. I couldnt be more disappointed. What is your quick solution? new fridge?

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have a previous ticket number I can look into? 

uservrzyt4pdi0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem.  I disassembled mine 6 weeks ago and defrosted it only to have it happen again a few days ago.  

I read someone's post about leveling it.  If you don't have it leaning back a little, the coils drip forward and freeze up the fan instead of dripping down the back plate.  They said the wheels in front should not be touching the floor.  I lowered the legs and left about a 1/8 in gap under the wheels.  I then ran the forced defrost and hoped for the best.  I checked it tonight and it's working great!

I hope this helps someone else.

userola3M93MaA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm also having issues and exactly 2 years later, not excusable Samsung!

Highlighted
useruqZpSaqn2w
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is obviously a manufactured/design defect. I’ve gone through the same thing with my refrigerator. I was told that because the humidity causes the refrigerator section to ice up that I would need to empty the refrigerator and unplug it once every few months (depending on ambient conditions) and allow the ice buildup to melt. The hair trick was recommended to speed up the process. Any sane person knows how ridiculous this regiment is for a $2500 refrigerator! I’m surprised at the amount of ice that accumulates under the meat and cheese drawer (the large bottom drawer within the refrigerator section). It’s virtually a sheet of ice. I’ve used this as a gauge of when I need to use the “hair dryer” practice. Note: the freezer section, as with most posts I read here, is working fine. Nice job Samsung! Bottom line: after going through this painful process of unloading our fridge last night and carrying its contents downstairs to the old, but much more reliable Whirlpool refrigerator, my wife and I looked at each and agreed it’s time to give up and give in and simply go purchase a new refrigerator. I’ve stretched this process out for several years and I noticed that some entries on this thread are relatively recent which tells me Samsung engineers have done NOTHING to change or address this obvious flaw in design and/or manufacturing. I’m challenging Samsung to address this issue. Samsung builds a beautiful looking refrigerator. However, beauty doesn’t keep my food at a safe consumable temperature.
andree27
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I already spoke to a representative on the phone and they pretty much said they can replace my fridge. I will certainly not buy Samsung again. I also lost $189.00 from a ripoff tech that's contracted with you guys that I can't get refunded for which makes no sense. -10  stars for Samsung!

I can certainly understand your frustration, I would be pretty upset myself. It seems we aren't able to pull up this transaction number, the 4137569811 that is. Are you by chance located in Canada? Myself and the other moderators are US based so we won't have access to the Canadian transaction/ticketing systems. 

userxevg5bf5j6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same problem.  Samsung said my problem would be "escalated" and someone would call me in 1 to 2 days to go over the problem.  That was 3 weeks ago.  In the meantime, I called in again last week and was told the same thing.  Still waiting.

In my area, I can't get a Samsung repair technician that will even come to our location.  The closest one is 100 miles away in Las Vegas, and they don't service this are.  NO ONE WILL SERVICE SAMSUNG HERE.  So, I need to try myself, but no one will talk with me and do a little guidance towards a resolution.

What good is Samsung support if they won't support????

I've even sent three private messages for support, with no luck of any kind, just the perfunctory "was your issue resolved?"  No it wasn't, because no one contacted me to even try.

Someone that solved this issue????????????????

userz0xAGqVSNJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungDarius wrote:

I am very sorry to hear this. Can you please provide your transaction number to us here? I will be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Can you help me see if my fridge is under warranty?  Are you looking for my home depot transaction number?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We can look into that.  Please send us a private message with your model and serial number.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

laurenmshexe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the exact same issues with my fridge. It's the same model also. The service tech they sent out to me acknowledged it was a sealed system issue, and there is no techs in my area that work on these models due to the flammable refrigerant used in them. But, now I'm getting the runaround from Samsung over this. I have 5+ ticket numbers and they keep cancelling them. The sealed system is still covered under my 5 year warranty, and since it's been deemed unserviceable, I want it replaced with a different brand. I will not ever buy a Samsung appliance again...