cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useruqZpSaqn2w
Asteroid

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know this is long, but worth reading. I’m ready to join the movement for class action lawsuit. Let me know.

Here was Samsung’s customer service reply:

Hi! Jeff. This is Shwetha. Let me quickly go through the conversation above.
8:43 AM
Rep:
I see that your refrigerator fan is making a loud noise. Right?
8:44 AM
Rep:
We have not heard from you for some time. Do you wish to continue to chat?
8:47 AM
Me:
Yes. I have the cause and solution to the problem. Because of the extreme trouble and inconvenience required to keep the refrigerator operational, I am requesting a replacement.
8:47 AM
Rep:
Do you have the previous service reference number?
8:48 AM
Me:
No
8:48 AM
Rep:
Does the previous services are done from Samsung?
8:49 AM
Me:
An authorized service rep looked at the refrigerator
8:51 AM
Rep:
To replace the refrigerator, our service technician has to diagnose the unit and determine if the refrigerator is not repairable then we will forward the case to the next level.
8:54 AM
Me:
The tech and Samsung knows what the issue is. Their response has been take a hair dryer to the back inside of the refrigerator and melt the ice buildup that occurs. I am not interested in paying another diagnosis fee or throwing more money at a KNOWN design flaw.
8:54 AM
Rep:
I understand your situation.
8:55 AM
Rep:
In this case, I suggest you receive the service and if our service technician determines that the refrigerator is not repairable then we will forward the issue to our next level team.
Note: If our service tech determines that the issue is with the internal part then the service is not charged.
8:55 AM
Me:
If you are not familiar with this issue, I invite you to visit the Samsung Community blog on this refrigerator.
8:57 AM
Rep:
I can definitely understand how you might be feeling and you have the right to express your thoughts about the product.
Your feedback is very important for us to provide you better service.
8:58 AM
Rep:
Please receive the service now through Samsung and I'll file the service request on 
behalf of you and if our service technician determines that the unit is not repairable then we can have the option to forward to the next level team.
8:59 AM
Rep:
Is that okay for you?
9:00 AM
Me:
Like many others, my experience is that the service tech determines that a sensor or some other part is at fault. They replace the part, charge the customer, only to have the issues return several months later. I cannot stress enough, this is a Samsung known design flaw.
Rep:
I apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Rep:
Let me check with my supervisor.
9:07 AM
Rep:
I've checked with my supervisor.
Rep:
Thank you for being online.
Me: 
Please have the supervisor contact me at  (deleted my phone number)
Rep:
We at live chat do not have the access to contact. However, you can contact our phone support team.
9:08 AM
Me:
So... did your supervisor just end this conversation?
9:09 AM
Me:
What does “thank you for being online” mean?
9:10 AM
Rep:
Nope, as I've checked with my supervisor, there is no another option for us now available rather than getting a service and as the unit is out of warranty the service is charged.
9:10 AM
Rep:
I hope you understand my limitations.
9:11 AM
Me:
I understand. Good day
useruS09nBKcTA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, our fridge has the same issue. I believe I found why mine stopped working today.

The wire that connects the fan in the dual cooling panel in the fridge - the red wire, had rusted out and was no longer connected - interestingly the other 2 connections were much more secure - it’s likely a manufacturing defect.

So basically, my fridge fan wasn’t coming on.  Looks like Samsung used cheap wiring in a very expensive model - not a good choice and seems like a pretty serious issue they should have easily known about and been able to recall.  

My model is: RF30HBEDBSR

manufactured June 2014

serial number: <HIDDEN>

It’s been having issues for months intermittently and then would only cool to 56 or so for the past few weeks.  I took the panel down, defrosted the foil, and repaired the broken connection on the wire and it cooled right down to 34.

very disappointing - I guess Samsung no longer equates to quality.

LarryKenemore
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interested in a FTC recall or class action contact me <HIDDEN>

Highlighted
userME27weOTIk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are such sheep we always think  products from over seas are better than those we make in our own country.  I fell in this trap I abandoned Maytag and Kelvinator and now own various Samsung appliances.   What a mistake.  My Kenmore washer and dryer lasted from when we gor married untill the kids left the house and was then given to them so we could buy a front load Samsung/dryer.  I also bought a samsung refrigerator.  The washing machine has it's own mind and many times decides  it is right and I can rot it will wash the clothes on it's terms.   My fridge which is 3 years old now "freezes" at 60' F and my steaks are now in the garbage.  Am I going to call Samsung to fix my fridge.  Absolutely not.   I am on the hunt for a domestic fridge like Maytag, Kelvinator anything but Samsung.

Samsung_R5VAmM7
Astronaut

Your freezer was freezing over wasnt it? A lot of ice beh...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your freezer was freezing over wasnt it? A lot of ice behind the back or bottom panel was blocking the cold air from getting from freezer to fridge. I know it's late, but let me know if I was right please.

Samsung_R5VAmM7
Astronaut

Drain tube froze up. Causing air divider to also freeze....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Drain tube froze up. Causing air divider to also freeze. That blocks the air from teaching fridge properly

userciLga1f3NA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this is EXACTLY what's happened to me.  2 months ago i experienced freezing in the dual compartment panel in the top portion of the refrigerator - had to defrost for 24 hours - then engage -  some of these entries say they have to defrost every couple of months for it to work correctly -- what???   --- it was OK until the last couple of days - unplugged it - plugged back into wall socket - actual temperature was 54 degrees - reset to 36 and engaged power cool - and will recheck in 3 hours - amazing to me that 2 of us have the EXACT same issue that it will cool to 54 degrees then have to reset the stupid thing!  not sure it will work cause i just did this about an hour ago - i've read other entries about these refrigerators - this must be a common problem / engineering defect and SAMSUNG knows this and does nothing about it - sweet revenge - DONT BUY ANY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS AND SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THEIR UNBELIEVABLE POOR QUALITY - AND THEY KEEP MAKING THESE AS INDICATED BY THE DISGRUNTLED CUSTOMERS AND BY THE RESPONSES IN THESE WEBSITES -- paid over $2k on sale and it's never been right - never worked like my old fridgidare beat up fridge int he garage - paid $500 for it 19 years ago and still works as good as the day i bought it!  no more samsung defects for me - i need a new smart phone but do you think i'll buy a samsung - not unless they just give to me! horrible horrible products !!!!!!!!!!!!!

userv1bzG1aSue
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have a samsung model # rs25h5111 not quite 4 yrs old.   The same thing has happened to me.  I discovered on the  4th of july during a heat wave that my refrigerator was not working but freezer was. I called samsung and they put in a repair ticket for service .   I lost all my food in the refrigerator - the milk was cottage cheeze.   I called several   repair services the next day ,  Friday July 5th, and left messages.  No one got back to me.    I had to wait until Monday to speak with anyone.  

The samsung repair person is over 1 hr away from me and he has multiple jobs in front of mine and can't come for at least another week.  Samsung said that they would try to find another repair service and would cover the cost to  replace all my lost food if I used their repair service.  What about all the restaurant meals we have had to purchase  in the past 5 days?    I have been without a refrigerator for at least 5 days now, not sure when it started to fail.   I can't wait much longer so I have decided to go with a local repair service in hopes they can find the issue.    I am distressed about what I am reading and did do my homework before purchasing through consumer reports.  They did recommend Samsung.  I had no idea of this chronic issue with freezer working and refrigerator side failing.  I defrosted yesterday after reading someone's post - this did not work for me.   Freezer still works but refrigerator is at 59 degrees.   My freezer food is now at my neighbors due to  defrosting yesterday and a local service person is hopefully coming tomorrow.   The ice machine has also been a continual problem - I have to reset every day and clear stuck ice daily from the machine.   I too am very upset about my purchase of my Samsung refrigerator and wish I had investigated more thoroughly before purchasing.

uservehc0Qjh4d
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This model is a LEMON!  After a couple of years we began to have problems with the ice maker. Hundreds of dollars in labor and after replacing the ice maker, it still freezes over and leaks.  Now the fan/compressor doesn't work and the top compartment is too warm. I've contacted a different independent repair person (who is also a Samsung certified technician) and he says he's seen this problem many times.  He can fix it, but is will break again.  Samsung doesn't have a real "repair kit" to solve this problem and that there is a design flaw.  I spent a LOT of money on this fridge because I liked the three compartment design and the Soda Stream feature.  Now I am going to buying a different brand (technician recommended Fridgidaire or Whirlpool) because I've had it.  I'm not even going to go down the rabbit hole of dealing with customer service, because unless they want to replace my fridge with a new WORKING one, I'm not to waste more time and money dealing with this.  Samsung should stick to making telephones and TVs. 

FMSilly
Constellation

Rf26j7500sr/aa Freezer not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the French door fridge - bottom freezer. Our freezer drawer says it is at 1 (but set to -5) and everything is starting to defrost. We unplugged it for a few minutes and looked at the back. Nothing looks wrong and the panel says to not remove, so we didn't remove it. 

We took out the top drawer and there is nothing blocking the vents and nothing looks wrong. It feels cold but doesn't feel like it's cooling enough. 

What do we need to buy to fix this? We would like to not lose all of our food.