cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userwzl3eIwFGp
Constellation

FRIDGE NOT COOLING

Could anyone help me to get my refrigerator to cool down to the set temperature? Have worked with the online help center and the call center. Have tried unplugging for 60 seconds, manual shut off of refrigerator by pressing freezer, alarm, and fridge. That shut my refrigerator down and defrosted the air vents inside, but the temperature is hovering around 54-57 degrees.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userRlWFVIvJFk
Constellation

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

It seems as if this is a wide spread problem that alot of people out there are having. You would think that a company as big as samsung would be willing to provide guidance instead of leaving endless number of customers frustrated with no solutions. You reach out to customer support and they want to charge you for having someone take a look at it. Who is going to pay us for the time wasted dealing with this and nothing working ? There should be a class action lawsuit for this. How hard would it be for samsung to send its consumers a letter saying - here's the known issues - here's how we're going to resolve it. I've spent thousand of dollars in my household on samsung products  - the lack of help with this is disgusting. Fridge temp seems to get warmer everyday, everything is spoiling. #samsungforthewin @SamsungLou DO SOMETHING

userw9fcFRPvJ7
Asteroid

SOLVED/FIXED: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

FIXED:

-Unplug your refrigerator

-Remove rear bottom panel and vacuum out all the dust in the coils

-Open doors and remove all food and shelves (might as well clean the now)

-Remove twin cooling panel by removing screws

-Take a hair dryer to all the ice (put towel under the condensor)

-Wrap copper lines in paper towels, then wrap the paper towels with aluminum foil to make homemade insulation over the pipes in the upper right corner

-Reinstall everything

-Plug back in 

-Made sure the fridge is at least 2" from wall

-Hold down the Power Freeze and the Power Cool buttons at the same time for 3 to 5 secs to take it out of showroom mode where the cooling is not set to operate

-Everything will blink then it will stop. This resets the fridge

-You're welcome