cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userv1bzG1aSue
Constellation

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have a samsung model # rs25h5111 not quite 4 yrs old.   The same thing has happened to me.  I discovered on the  4th of july during a heat wave that my refrigerator was not working but freezer was. I called samsung and they put in a repair ticket for service .   I lost all my food in the refrigerator - the milk was cottage cheeze.   I called several   repair services the next day ,  Friday July 5th, and left messages.  No one got back to me.    I had to wait until Monday to speak with anyone.  

The samsung repair person is over 1 hr away from me and he has multiple jobs in front of mine and can't come for at least another week.  Samsung said that they would try to find another repair service and would cover the cost to  replace all my lost food if I used their repair service.  What about all the restaurant meals we have had to purchase  in the past 5 days?    I have been without a refrigerator for at least 5 days now, not sure when it started to fail.   I can't wait much longer so I have decided to go with a local repair service in hopes they can find the issue.    I am distressed about what I am reading and did do my homework before purchasing through consumer reports.  They did recommend Samsung.  I had no idea of this chronic issue with freezer working and refrigerator side failing.  I defrosted yesterday after reading someone's post - this did not work for me.   Freezer still works but refrigerator is at 59 degrees.   My freezer food is now at my neighbors due to  defrosting yesterday and a local service person is hopefully coming tomorrow.   The ice machine has also been a continual problem - I have to reset every day and clear stuck ice daily from the machine.   I too am very upset about my purchase of my Samsung refrigerator and wish I had investigated more thoroughly before purchasing.

Highlighted
uservehc0Qjh4d
Constellation

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This model is a LEMON!  After a couple of years we began to have problems with the ice maker. Hundreds of dollars in labor and after replacing the ice maker, it still freezes over and leaks.  Now the fan/compressor doesn't work and the top compartment is too warm. I've contacted a different independent repair person (who is also a Samsung certified technician) and he says he's seen this problem many times.  He can fix it, but is will break again.  Samsung doesn't have a real "repair kit" to solve this problem and that there is a design flaw.  I spent a LOT of money on this fridge because I liked the three compartment design and the Soda Stream feature.  Now I am going to buying a different brand (technician recommended Fridgidaire or Whirlpool) because I've had it.  I'm not even going to go down the rabbit hole of dealing with customer service, because unless they want to replace my fridge with a new WORKING one, I'm not to waste more time and money dealing with this.  Samsung should stick to making telephones and TVs. 

FMSilly
Constellation

Rf26j7500sr/aa Freezer not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the French door fridge - bottom freezer. Our freezer drawer says it is at 1 (but set to -5) and everything is starting to defrost. We unplugged it for a few minutes and looked at the back. Nothing looks wrong and the panel says to not remove, so we didn't remove it. 

We took out the top drawer and there is nothing blocking the vents and nothing looks wrong. It feels cold but doesn't feel like it's cooling enough. 

What do we need to buy to fix this? We would like to not lose all of our food.

ravihdesai
Constellation

RF4287HARS Cooing Stopped

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our refrigerator colling stopped suddenly. we did power down for couple of minutes and turned it on again. The touch screen has become unresponsive. What would be next steps to follow up before we need to get help?

uservPZv4GHGNj
Constellation

FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I own a Samsung RF18HFENBSR French Door Refrigerator (SN: 0RXT4xxxxxxxxxx). The unit is only 22 months old. The refrigerator is warm at 52 degree. The freezer is OK. I contacted Samsung through the chat line and tried unplugging the unit for 60 seconds and separately pushing the power cool button. Over the next several days I retried this “fix” and had no success resetting the refrigerator. I’ve thrown out a refrigerator full of fresh food. And I have not had use of the refrigerator for over two weeks.

The chat line provided a service number at 1 (877) 412 1665. The service is closed on the weekends and the line was busy when I called. I got frustrated and tried to find an authorized Samsung repair service. I was surprised at the “we don’t service Samsung appliance” responses. I found an experienced appliance repairman who has been servicing appliances in my apartment building for over 30 years. He charged $350 to replace the PCB/LED Control Board and blower motor. I’m surprised (as was the repairman) that these components would fail so quickly. I have the feeling that this is a known issue. And the warranty is only one year. This is not the product commitment/reliability that I’ve come to expect from Samsung (non appliance) products.

usercRUzPlV9tA
Constellation

RF4267HARS Freezer stopped working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have Samsung french door refrigerator model RF4267HARS/XAA.. After having the ice build-up under the freezer drawer for a few times, now the freezer has stopped working. A technician diagnosed that the freezer evaporator assembly part number DA97-11321A needs to be replaced, however this part is not available on www.samsungparts.com... I tried to find it elsewhere on Internet, but no luck.

Bad experience with Samsung, especially unavailability of spare parts is super annoying.

I am curious if any other owner had similar experience or if anyone found this part somewhere. Appreciate your response.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF4267HARS Freezer stopped working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The part number provided is for the evaporator cover, and has a new part number. The evaporator itself, along with the evaporater cover, is still available from samsungparts.com. You can get part numbers and prices using you refrigerator model number.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usern8Kqg8V6F2
Astronaut

Freezer Not Cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased the RF23M8070SR/AA fridge less than two years ago.  This is the second time I've had to have a technician come out to fix it.  The first issue was the ice cube maker was not working correctly which seems to me an issue for everyone that owns this fridge.  It was fixed, but I still have occasional issues with it.  Now its the freezer ~ it won't get cold.  I've reset it several times and went through the troubleshooting steps.  Finally had to have a tech stop out (another $130 bucks) and he was here for about 5 mintues to tell me it is out of coolant.  He has to send someone else back out to fill it later in the week.  His recommendation was to get it fixed and try to sell it and look for another brand! I spent over $2K for this lemon.  I can't even imagine what repair is next.  I am very dissatified and recommend staying away from Samsung for appliances.

cheri09
Constellation

Samsung fridge model Rf25hmedbsr/aa No Cool Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought my fridge from sears a few years ago. So it’s not covered by them anymore. On July 26 2019 it stoped cooling and called Samsung the next day. Got a ticket number and they sent a tech within a week. The tech who was wonderful spent almost 2 hrs checking everything and was on the phone with Samsung as well, it was determined that it was the compressor and someone else needed to be called to fix it.  waited a week for another tech, different company,  and was a disaster, he was mad because I needed to pay again and he wasn’t there to fix anything but to check it. I had to call Samsung to talked to the tech and they had a back and forth for about 5 min. I got on the phone with Samsung and was told that someone should be calling me. i got a new ticket number was was told that they were going to get me a replacement fridge. Another week goes by and I called again because I haven’t had anyone contact me. The ticket wasn’t sent or processed and had to make a new one! I got an email and was told my request for a replacement was accepted! Another week goes by and I get a call that I miss because I was at the library. When I saw it called right away to find out the they canceled my ticket because I didn’t answer the phone and they needed to verify my information. I’ve already given them all my information numerous times every time I’m on the phone with them they ask me for all the information! So now i have a new ticket number and I’m waiting again to get a call.  I need to call again! They might not have sent it again i haven’t received an email like i did before. So I’ve  trying to get a replacement fridge for almost 2 months now. Have had 5-6 tickets! And it’s just  ridiculous, They need to train they’re staff better, also give a heads up when you’re going to call someone, we have to work and be in places where we might not be able to answer! To my disappointment after reading all the comments and complaints here I don’t even know what to expect. I have 3 other Samsung products and hope that I don’t have to be calling them for.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung fridge model Rf25hmedbsr/aa

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My sincerest apologies for your negative experience, I'd be happy to have our management team look into this for you. Mind shooting me a message here with your most recent ticket number: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.