Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung_rOpdGnW
Constellation

Freezer not cooling on RF28R7201SR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought my first Sumsung fridge today after waking up to everything in my LG being thawed this morning. The fridge portion of the unit is operating as expected, however the freezer and flex zone areas are not. The temp is set at -2 for the freezer, but the temp is reading 76. I have referred to the troubleshooting section of the manual without success. Anyone have any ideas? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Freezer not working on RF28R7201SR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this link a shot.

userpAimR4WkGe
Cosmic Ray

Re: Freezer not cooling on RF28R7201SR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The most likely cause is a loss of refrigerant.  The sealed refrigeration system has a five (5) part and labor warranty.  Call Samsung and be prepared to be without the use of your refrigerator for several weeks.

useryKjUyH8VnM
Astronaut

Samsung family hub fridge not cooling well

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought the family hub fridge about January 2019 and noticed that my food was getting spoilt in the fridge section...the freezer seems to be working fine...called Samsung tech to fix it...they replaced the fan and sensor. After the repair, my food was still getting bad...the technician came out again and recommended the unit to be replaced BUT Samsung is refusing to replace it...they opted to refund my money instead . They told me "they could not find another one in the warehouse"...Unfortunately I cannot find another one for the same price...there are hundreds of similar unit in the warehouse close to my house in Dallas...I do not know why they told me that....my warranty is running out....HELP!

userMqMOjLf4FT
Astronaut

FRIDGE NOT COOLING, repaired 4 times for same problem, RF24FSEDBSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought this fridge new in 2015.  Since then we have had a Samsung tech person repair the exact same problem 3 times (will be 4 by the end of the week).  The icemaker is in the refrigerator and overcools the cooling coils in the back of the fridge causing buildup.  The icemaker freezes over and then the back of the fridge freezes over.   They have replaced the ice machine once and the sensor 3 (will be 4) times.  THIS IS A DESIGN FLAW.  This is a brand new machine that sits on a floor and has one job - to keep things cold.  We paid about $2,000 for the fridge and over the past 4 years we have paid close to $600/$700 and will pay another $300 after this week.  So we will have paid $1,000 to repair a brand new machine 4 times for the exact same problem.  

userwqtynfrlv8
Constellation

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING, repaired 4 times for same problem, RF24FSEDBSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Look on the web and you'll see a  number of people have had the same problem. It is so common several actually show you how to repair it. This is a design flaw that has been around since 2002 (I've heard). I'm amazed there isn't a class action suit on this issue.  You know the deal. You have to empty the fridge completely and your service guy (at how much $$ per hour?) has to stand there with a hair dryer to defrost the whole thing before it can be fixed and put back together. All for one little strip of metal that doesn't do its job. If Samsung were to offer an exchange program to buy a new and better fridge I might be tempted. if not mine is going to the dump and I'll buy another brand. I refuse to saddle anyone with the problems this fridge causes.

userjFrZpuiHLT
Astronaut

Refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought a Samsung French door refrigerator and the select Pantry drawer keeps sticking.. we have the warranty so I was going to call on it the model is a Samsung rf260 anybody else have this issue

userJnCACScBnv
Astronaut

Re: Refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Yes we have the same problem.  Did you ever find out whats going on?  Someone suggested to turn the efficience off but we did that and we still get ice under the drawer which causes it to stick.

userKovUFhPXhe
Constellation

Impossible to get service for home fridge compressor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a 4-door fridge RF23J9011SR that's less than 5 years old. The fridge section stopped cooling at all. We called Samsung Support, who sent out an outsourced service tech to diagnose the problem. The tech found the problem to be a broken compressor, a seal problem. That's where smooth service ended, after that it was simply frustration and a non-working fridge for a month.

- It took many calls to the tech Samsung sent and Samsung Support to even officially confirm the problem, so we can proceed. 

- Samsung Support then refers us to Samsung Repairs, who told us they do not have anyone to service compressors in the San Francisco Bay Area, where we are. 

- Samsung Repairs instructed us to find our own repairs, and they will reimburse us. We double comfirmed with both Samsung Repairs and Samsung Support whether they wanted to pre-approval a service quote, they both said no. That took many calls to Samsung too. 

- Now that our fridge is repaired after a month of coordinating with Samsung who provided almost no service in the end, we can find no way to get reimbursement. Every time we call Samsung Support, we get "transferred to the right department", which is being put on infinite hold. You wait for 2 hours, no one ever picks up.  

Conclusion: NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG FRIDGE, OR SAMSUNG ANTHING. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Impossible to get service for home fridge compressor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're sorry to hear that! Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number or any ticket numbers that you have so that we can look into this for you: Link