cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Refrigerator not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue. No ice buildup on evaporator, fan works fine, door says 34, thermometer says 45-50. Seems sporatic, sometimes it will drop into the 30's, but usually warmer.  I have found a service manual and will try to troublshoot with self diagnostics shown in it.  Will report back if anything helps.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1228428/Samsung-Rf28hmedbsr.html

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Fridge not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unplug for 5 min then make sure temperature isn't high

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung RS25J500DSR Freezer working, Fridge not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our one year old side by side refridgerator is not working.

On this model, it seems like the cooling coils are on the freezer side and not the fridge side. Is that true?

I was able to empty the freezer and thaw all the ic that had accumulated around the cooling coils and the vents and around the fan.

Now the fans don't make any noise and the freezer works, but the frdige is not getting cold air at all.

I can see air vents at the top of the fridge above the lights and one vent at the bottom behind the bottom drawer.

Do I need to thaw the fridge side too? Can the fridge side air vents get clogged with ice even though the fridge is not below freezing?

Is there another place that I can check that might be blocked with ice?

I see lots of videos about fixing other Samsung models, but they all show removing the back panel of the fridge. This model does not have a removeable panel. The freezer side has the panel and the  cooling coils, which are working for the freezer.

Please help! All my food is spoiling...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung RS25J500DSR Freezer working, Fridge not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: It seems our refrigerator is actually working.

I assumed that both the freezer and the fridge would cool simultaneously.

They do, sort of.

After melting all the ice on the freezer side, on the coils and fan, the freezer and frdige were room temp or higher.

Then I plugged the fridge back in and the freezer side started cooling. But there was no cool air in the fridge side at all. Even after 3 hours, the fridge still felt like room temp or higher even though the freezer was clearly cooling (but not completely cold yet.)

I then thought maybe something on the fridge side was also blocked with ice preventing the cool air from cooling the fridge. So I ran hot air through the fridge vents too.

Then I just let it sit, plugged in. After another 5 hours or so, teh freezerr was getting down to the right temp and the fridge started feeling slightly cooler.

I then went ot bed and this morning, the fridge was definitely cooling. It still wasn't as cold as it should be, but I was confident it was working.

Now, 5 more hours later, the fridge is down to the right temp.

I am guessing that until the freezer gets really cold, not much cool air goes into the fridge side. Only when teh freezer air temp is really cold will enough cool air gets to the fridge side to cool it.

I am just guessing. 

I assumed that cool air would be sent to both sides when cooling down from room temp. But I guess not.

Anyway, we'll see if it lasts. At least the fan against the ice build up noise is gone and the refridgerator is super quiet again.

Of course our warranty expired 5 months ago so hopefully it will still work for now.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung, I am having issues with the freezer portion of my samsung fride/freezer, model #:rf266abpn.  After reading the posts, I have no reason to believe the repair should be invested in.  At this point, any recommendations would be appreciated (besides just buying a new one).

Thank you

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION
  1. Make sure the refrigerator has power.

Unless the refrigerator is in Sabbath mode, the lights should come on when you open the door and the panel should have at least some of its lights lit (although they may not come on until you touch the panel or open the door).

If the refrigerator does not have power, visit our guide for troubleshooting specific to that issue.

2. Check for Cooling Off Mode.

If the display is showing OF OF, O FF, OFF OFF, or scrolling temperature bars, the refrigerator is in Cooling Off Mode, sometimes called Demo mode or Shop mode. The refrigerator will not cool in this mode and turning off this mode will make the refrigerator cool again.

3. Make sure the doors are closed and the seals are working.

Refrigerator rubber gasket

To see if the doors are sealing, put a dollar bill halfway in the door and then close the door on it. If you feel slight resistance when you pull it out, the seal is still working.

If the bill slips out easily, clean the seal all around with a mild detergent and damp cloth. If the dollar bill test still fails, this will require service. 

Note: New refrigerators that are not level left to right may fail the dollar bill test because the doors are not aligned properly. See our guide for leveling the refrigerator.

4. Power cycle the refrigerator.

Unplug the refrigerator or turn off power at the circuit breaker, wait 5 minutes, and then restore power. If the issue continues after 2 hours this will require service. 

If this does not help then service will be required, depending on the warranty of the unit you do have a couple of options.

If the unit is in warranty you can send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your full model and serial number and we can get that set up for you.

Or if your unit is out of warranty you can use the link below to find a service center in your area. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Fridge not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very frustrated!! I purchased the fridge and paid for extended warranty. The fridge section is not cooling and I like many others have to manually defrost fridge. I had a repair person come twice. I have thrown away all food and condiments twice. I have also had to throw away very expensive medicine. The only response I get from Samsung is it's out of Warrenty. It is 5 years old but for the amount of money they charge you would think Samsung was a good product!!  It's a joke.  

Since when do any of us have time to defrost a fridge twice a month!  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fridge not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no!  Would you happen to have any transaction numbers that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

rfg298aabp Frezor cold, Fridge not

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Frezer is maintaing a temp of around 17, the fridge is about 55 even though it is set lower. Have tried uplugging for 2+ min with no change. Trying a force defrost mode now. 

What else should I try if this does not work?

TIA

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: rfg298aabp Frezor cold, Fridge not

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Took off the back panel and found it appears this round black item is leaking.20200429_114017.jpg20200429_114025.jpg20200429_114049.jpg20200429_114054.jpg