cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andree27
Asteroid

FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My model # is RF32FMQDBSR. But this is for every model.

So this fridge is not even 2 years old yet. the fridge stays hot but the freezer works fine. I would lower my fridge to 34 degrees but it would stay at 56.  The coolest it'll get is to 54 degrees.  Multiples of reps. over the phone told me its a "compressor" issue and your fridge is under warranty for the compressor only.  A "contracted samsung" technician came over yesterday and diagnosed my refrigerator as "sensor" issues.  I was charged $80 for him to diagnose my fridge.  Basically him telling me it's not the compressor but it's a sensor.  Another $80 for labor and $9.00 for the sensor.  I was charged a total of $183.00!!!!! He was not even here for 30 minutes. He said to call him tomorrow morning if my fridge is not cooling down. So whatever, we bought a lot of grocery because we were so excited, we been fridgeless for a while now because we have to be put in line for the next available tech to come out.  OMG, so this morning my fridge is showing 34 degrees and it is blinking and it is VERY HOT/HUMID.  Obviously he messed up my sensor that was normal to begin with. I was so angry, I wanted a refund and I called the tech, he did not answer. I then called Samsung 1-800 number and they said sorry the technician has to come back and diagnose it again.  I  am not fixing to pay someone another $80 for a fake diagnoses code and another $80 for labor that it never really needed.  They hire shady technicians who gives out false diagnoses to consumers because they know it is not under samsung waranty that way they could get paid twice.  So to me its like i paid him $183 yesterday, now i have to wait for him to come back because he can't come back today because he has "a lot" of tickets. I bet you he will then tell me it is my "compressor" that way he can then get paid from Samsung.  Which is bull and Samsung would not give me a refund for the sensor because the person we paid is just contracted to work as a technician for the company.  JUST BE SMART AND DON'T EVER BUY SAMSUNG REFRIGERATORS.  I MADE A MISTAKE SO I AM HELPING EVERYONE ELSE.  I should've been smart and read reviews of their products because online i found a lot of reviews with the same ISSUES as me.  Obviously they suck at making appliances and should just stick to TV's and PHONES. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the unit has one compartment that is not cooling at all, but the other compartment is working correctly, perform the following:

1. Verify the door has not been left open.
  2. Verify the seals around the door are not dirty. Dirty seals can cause gaps large enough to let in warm air, which affects cooling.
    • If the seals are dirty, clean them and allow 24 hours to regain temp.  
    • If the seals are damaged, service is required.
  3. Cut the power to the refrigerator for 2 minutes (unplug it or flip the circuit breaker), and then restore power. If after 3 hours, the fridge is still not cooling, service is required.

If the unit does not appear to have any power at all (the control panel is also blank and none of the lights come on when the door is opened), this is a different issue and needs to be brought up in it's own thread.

If the unit display indicates O FF, OF OF, or has scrolling temperature bars (depending on the model), the unit is in Cooling Off Mode. I can provide steps for getting the unit out of this mode if needed. 

If the refrigerator is not in Cooling Off mode, has power, and is still not cooling at all, unplug the refrigerator (or flip the circuit breaker) for 2 minutes, then plug it back in. If the refrigerator still does not cool, service is required.

If all of this has been completed then service repairs is what is needed. You may message us with the model code and serial number in order to verify warranty term. If the unit is out of warranty, you are welcome to use the following link to seek local authorized repair centers and obtain pricing information: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

438 REPLIES 438
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am very sorry to hear this. Can you please provide your transaction number to us here? I will be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

andree27
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had like 4 different reference number. Most recent reference # from a phone rep.  Is  4137569811 who I called and yelled at for what had happen and i couldnt get a refund she kept trying to call the tech to come back because i couldnt get a hold of him. Then he finally called me  and I went off on him because he seriously messed up my temp gauge when it was fine. Then he gave another reference number 7001940412. So I have all this reference number and fridge less and clueless . Haven't even got my refund for something that was never an issue with my fridge. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can certainly understand your frustration, I would be pretty upset myself. It seems we aren't able to pull up this transaction number, the 4137569811 that is. Are you by chance located in Canada? Myself and the other moderators are US based so we won't have access to the Canadian transaction/ticketing systems. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

drjpolo1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having a similar problem with my refrigerator as well.  Model #RF323TEDBBC/AA.  I bought it 2 years ago and it was fine until July of this year.  I started hearing a fan noise coming from the refridgeration section and the next day it would not cool.  I thought it was just a fan so I took out the shelves and the back cover to find the entire section covered in 2" of ice.  Fan was frozen over.  Got out the hair dryer, melted it, put it back together, worked fine for 4 days and then started the same thing again.  I called samsung and they said my warranty has expired (of course).  I called sears home services and they sent out a total of 6 tech's so far and they still can't fix the problem.  I have bought new gasgets, door panels, hinges, heater wires, sensors, main board, ect. and still the problem.  I own ALOT of samsung equipment and have always advocated for samsung products.  This is time for me to re evaluate the real quality of samsung products and how they DON'T stand behind their products.  I am very dissapointed, I just wanted a refridgerator that works.  I have my 90 year old father living here with me and some of his medication has to be kept cool.  I can't trust the samsung to work properly so I bought a GE fridge to put in the garage as a backup.  This is not the 70's or 80's, we should not have to have a back up anymore.  Can someone please help?  When sears comes back out next week, it will be the final time.  They said they will give me $500 credit to purchase a new one and will not accept anymore repair calls for my current model.  $500 doesn't even come close to what I have spent on purchase and repairs so far...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Drjpolo, can you please send a private message with the serial number as well as any of your work orders?

usersrZHnmJi6Y
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So my wife and I have noticed that our Samsung Fridge is not cooking at all the temp reads 36 degrees but when temp is taken on items they read 42-45 any way this problem can be solved? We have seen YouTube videos of people saying don't talk to a repair tech cuz they will try to replace a compressor and cost u loads of money and it doesn't fix the problem! We've also seen videos where these guys take everything out of the fridge and basically have to defrost it once every 4 months if I would've known this I would not have bought it when we did and we did our entire kitchen in Samsung products so we are a bit disappointed and hoping nothing starts to happen with the oven, microwave, and dishwasher, and especially the tv!!! HELP us!!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

usersrZHnmJi6Y, Is it only the fridge that's giving you trouble?  Have you tried resetting it by flipping the breaker or utilizing power cool?  What's the model of the fridge?

userUlKt9HAmKQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same problem with my 3 year old RF30HBEDBSR/AA model. 

What super excites me is how I paid 3K for I thought just like anything Samsung was going to be a quality product. I have had nothing but CONSTANT issues with this model since I bought it. It’s either lack of cooling in the refrigerator part of the unit or there's never ice. The ice somehow builds up in and around the ice bucket causing it not to function correctly. I have to remove the ice bucket and clean out all the excess ice to get it to work again. I follow the same process over and over again every week.

At one point the fan behind the back paneling kept making these noises, I basically had to watch a You Tube video to resolve the issue. Apparently ice builds up behind the inside paneling; I had to remove the backing partially and remove approximately half a pound of ice. I am sure I will have to do this every other year, super stoked about doing that one!!!!! I noticed in newer models they use a metal backing instead of plastic. Next time I'll go with another model. 

userYSYh5PXdIx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought this model overseas - RF60J9000. and guess what - the same exact problems. It really happened during the year warranty but we didn’t realize till after. Tech came by and said there was a gas leak. Refilled it and is coming back to replace the coils. Of course at full price.  I hope that was really the problem. Gas leaking on a year old fridge?