cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fridge not cooling, freezer over cooling?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For assistance with this concern, please send us a private message to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userZ7VRJohst5
Asteroid

Re: Fridge not cooling, freezer over cooling?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On our own it seems. Samsung....phones were. Ok....$2000.00 refrigerator is a lemon. RF18HFENBSP COUNTER DEPTH FRENCH DOOR. We are livid

userjr9nyH92xu
Constellation

RFG297HDRS Fridge not cooling freezer works fine

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

To try to resolve the issue we left the fridge unplugged and doors open for 48 hours to defrost.   After replugging it in and waiting half a day for the fridge to come down to temperature,  the display shows 0 degrees F for the freezer (food stays frozen) and 36 degrees F for the fridge - but the fridge feels like 55 or 60/food is getting spoilt. Can’t be the compressor so is it the evaporator fan or is it a sensor issue?  How would I diagnose and fix this?  I’m a complete novice at this but it seems like an easy fix.  

Thanks, Manju

userX0OIQ2kkdX
Constellation

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fridge not cooling, googled this problem and sounds like a common problem with Samsung fridge.  Purchased it less than 5 years ago, paid a premium for a premium brand and it turns out to be common problem.  Never buying a Samsung fridge again.  Samsung told me to contact NISI USA, Samsung's authorized repair center in my area but they have 1.5 stars and the reviews look like I am about to open another can of worms.  Is there not a lawsuit againt Samsung if this is a common problem? Samsung seem to be turning their face and don't wanna be responsible of this mess.   

user1pDCK0uZ0D
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i had bought my Samsung refrigrator on 6/14/2018. that means it is only 14 months old. the fridge start not cooling and today the service guy came and check.

He told me it is for the defrusted part which is not working. he charged me $65 only for 15 minutes checking.

He said, i have to buy the original part which takes 2 days to come and it is $560.

this is so funny.

i had bought the fridge for $1049.99 and after a kittle more than a year i have to pay $560???

forget to mention the model# is RS25J500DWW/BY.

i will ahout out the product quality and the bad customer service to the world.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userRTl5r9TZRE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

couldnt agree more.  ive had samsung fridge for less than 2 yrs.   same exact problem.  speaking to robots in domincan republic that you cant understand.   do not buy a samsung fridge.    service guy coming tomorrw and i cant wait for his diagnostic.    theres a 5yr warranty on the sealed refridge system...

user4klsVEThum
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I WILL NEVER BUY SAMSUNG AGAIN.   We paid $3000 for our RF4287HARS in 2013, now out of warranty.  We thought we paid our Samsung dues over the years with the regular freezing up of the evaporator fan and ensuing hair dryer treatment that so many others have complained about.  After the latest hair-dryer episode our freezer and drawer compartment still work, but the fridge will not cool below around 45 or 50 degrees F.  We've tested the two sensors and the evaporator fan runs.  Tomorrow we'll shop for another brand.

Samsung_JDOcmoo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I really do not like hearing about bad customer service issues with brands and protects of Company's I trust and buy regularly such as Samsung and the performance of a few products that I'm very pleased with and hopefully continue having.I do appreciate the Heads up when it helps as l hope this does for. Whoever is concerned