Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DRail164
Astronaut

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Purchased from Home Depot 5.13.15

Purchased extended protection plan and Home Depot is trying to weasel out saying their plans take effect day one rather than after the manufactures 1 yr warranty expires (my policy expired by 20 days if you look at it 3 yrs from purchase date)

Model # - RF28DEDBSR/AA

S/N # - <Hidden>

6.12.18 - Unit stopped cooling the refrigerator portion will not go below 51 degrees. Freezer portion of the unit works fine. 

Error code 22c

I've clearly tried to protect myself from this type of situation and it seems as though Home Depot is not willing to back a crappy product (3 yr protection plan) because you, Samsung, sell a garbage product that they are tired of replacing. 

I honestly can believe this is an issue that hasnt been recalled. Its not uncommon for a refrigerator to last 10 yrs with out any sort of hiccup. Yet here alone in this singluar thead on the world wide web, there are over 20 people with the same exact issue and most all of these issues are only moments after a warranty expires. Maybe 20 people isn't enough to excercise a recall here but there are clearly people in here that you as a company are not doing right by.

I would like a moderator to extend whatever help they have offered others in this thread.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The steps may be slightly different for your model, but here are the steps from OP's model.

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=674681&modelname=RF3...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for the confusion. All community members have the ability to mark a post as a solution. If a response was posted and it worked for a community member they may have marked it as "solved" to share the solution that worked for them with others. 

useropfpNK4Yny
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have similar issues as all the rest; my freezer works, the flex zone drawer works, but the french door fridge only slightly works.  Temp is in the 50's so it isn't completely shot.  No ice build up.  I can't hear the fan or anything except for a faint hum.  I get error code 22e, which is "fridge fan error".

I'm not sure it makes sense to defrost the entire thing since I don't have ice built up.

The Samsung referred technician is scheduled to come out next week and they seem to think it is the defrost sensor and drain clip, and charge me $260.  I get the feeling the are going to replace that any way just to get some cash, even if it isn't the root cause.  

Any thoughts or insight from your experience?

This is a fairly new fridge; purchased in 2014. 
Model # RF25HMEDBSR

Thanks!

useropfpNK4Yny
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There's good info online (youtube) about the defrost sensor / thermistor, which turned out to be my issue.  The technician was going to replace it based on his self diagnosis over the phone, and charge me $260, which isn't covered in the extended warranty.  I went out and bought the part for $12 and put it in myself, after defrosting it for 24 hours.  It was easy to install and fixed it.  

userQUGcl9lQIB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had a Samsung Model RF26HFENDSR fridge for just under 3 years.  Worst decision ever made to purchase a Samsung.  Last night it stopped cooling for the second time.  11 months ago, we were given the same run around by Samsung over the phone.  Try resetting it, etc.  If it's the sealed system, it might be under warranty....Only solution the rep could provide was to have a tech come out to diagnose the problem.  Of course it wasn't anything covered by warranty, but just like everyone else seems to be experiencing, it was the thermistor.  I was told something about a "duck bill" that caused the thermistor to go out, which caused the fan to ice over and stop.  At this point the fridge wasn't even 2 years old, and I had to pay $260.00 for this repair.  Here we are 11 months later and the same thing has happened yet again.  Called Samsung and expressed my frustration to the rep on the phone today.  Basically I get "I understand your frustration, ma'am.....but....."  It's really sad that this company refuses to stand by their product.  When we had the tech out 11 months ago, I was told "this was a known design flaw and Samsung has since fixed it on newer models".  Well if it's a known design flaw, why am I spending money repeatedly to fix this?!  

Thankfully we have 2 other 20+ year old refridgerators - one in the basement and one in the garage, that still work like champs.  For a family of 5, I had to do a lot of grocery reshuffling last night as not to waste anything.  Why are my old fridges still working so well and this new one now 50+ degrees for the second time?!  I am just beside myself after reading all of these reviews and problems....all basically the same.  

Not only am I paying for repairs, but having to take time off work to accomodate service calls.  It just shouldn't be like this, and when the company really doesn't seem to care...that makes it all the worse.  NEVER again.  

userkNmHwIHE4w
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useropfpNK4Yny wrote:

There's good info online (youtube) about the defrost sensor / thermistor, which turned out to be my issue.  The technician was going to replace it based on his self diagnosis over the phone, and charge me $260, which isn't covered in the extended warranty.  I went out and bought the part for $12 and put it in myself, after defrosting it for 24 hours.  It was easy to install and fixed it.  

You are absolutely correct. There seems to be an issue with the evaporator in the refrigerator (not freezer) icing up due to an inoperable defrost system. Our RF28HMEDBSR is 3yrs old and started with fan noise 2 months ago. The noise stopped when the doors were opened and the fan was signaled off. We performed a short defrost cycle (left the doors open for 1hr). The fan quieted down which led me to believe it was hitting frost/ice build-up in the evaporator. 1 month later the ice maker wasn't operating properly. I pulled out the ice tray and let the ice box defrost in the higer refrigerator temperature which worked great. Last week the refrigerated section would not cool below 50° causing everything to spoil all while the freezer and deli drawer worked perfectly. So we unloaded, unplugged and cleaned the entire unit. 36hrs later (with ALL doors/drawers open and a fan blowing into the unit) we turned it back on and it has been working great ever since. I will most likely replace the defrost sensor/thermistor in the near future and see what happens next.

userO2BF9kSKbC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try contacting 

usern7MsxHTgZd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You all list this problem as "solved" hahaha, look again, it is a rampant problem and Samsung is DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT (except being taken to court with a class action suit, to be forced to do , what you SHOULD HAVE DONE in the first place with hundreds of customers complaining about the SAME ISSUES, ice makers not working and refrigerators NOT COOLING
userQ3m1JYv90C
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My refrigerator Is displaying "O FF." I followed instructions to reset by holding down the different combinations of buttons but it is still not working. I unplugged the unit as well.  Is there another trick?