cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTrUz5umyAw
Constellation

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was there a fix for this? Is there a part that can be replaced that will fix the issue?

I purchased this $2k+ Samsung fridge model # RF23HCEDTSR/AA three years ago and the fridge no longer cools. Reached out to Samsung for repair and Tekniton came out twice for repair, totaling $660, warranty of the repair expired and Tekniton has now refused to service this fridge!!!

Called Samsung several times, logged a ticket but it was cancelled. Samsung refuses to provide repairs unless I pay. Already spent over $3k for this fridge and it does not work!

Really would like to find a resolution for this. Thank you,

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userSXkwQaARhp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! Looks like I'm not alone. My fridge RF28HFEDTSR/AA from Lowes is not working at all and was diagnosed by Samsung sertifaed services and Samsung tech support ureparable. My fridge is 20 monts old. SAMSUNG offer notting. I think is time for lawsuit against them.

Robin Hood
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE:  when tech came out from network repair services (from Samsung) to replace the System Seal....he then determined that my fridge was “unrepairable” also siting that it has “contaminated Freon” - which the tech said is NOT good for us.

He placed a call and they (Samsung) indicates that they will be refunding the cost as a credit at place of purchase (which is Lowe’s).  I would prefer my money so I can shop at my choice!

I am waiting for Lowe’s to contact me re: my credit — hoping this will happen before the sales end

It is now one month that I have been without a refrigerator......... I don’t anticipate having a fridge before December.  So my family and I have be “ingesting this contaminated Freon for a month now (smh)

UserSXkw............I would have thought The tech (if he was dispatched by Samsung 1-800 number) would have contacted Samsung to report your fridge is unrepairable and they should start process to exchange/refund.

Maybe you should contact them again in conjunction with filing a complaint with ConsumerAffaairs or Attorney General.

Good Luck with your resolution!

userYosaps1SgX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

LuckyPucker

I've got the same problem. Model # RF28HFEDBSR  and this is the 2nd time in three and a half years that it has stopped cooling.  The freezer works fine.  It's obvious that it's frozen up as I can see ice in the holes in the back panel. It's a well known fact that this is a common problem and it's mindboggling and extremely frustrating that

Samsung cannot come up with a repair solution. The 15 year old GE that I took out is still in the garage and working fine, good thing I kept it.  Please, is there another way avoid spoiled food other than having to move it to an old fridge?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userYosaps1SgX Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

user7LLnjlRWNH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sure there are, do like I did take the sansung to the scrap yard and buy a different brand. Mine was 5 years old 

userxmXGYh9dTC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i find out what happen see the video thank you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq53F9ZgWog&t=73s only 20$ to fixed thank you
userSs5botOmDV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a class action lawsuit against Samsung  pending regarding their ice makers It began Sept 2018. I have a counter depth Samsung.  The ice maker has been repaired still is a problem it It took for 4 months to get the part.. the Warranty (Sold by Lowe's) had excuse after excuse and actually lied on several occasions.I was told there is no ETA on the parts and you will have to wait as long as it takes.  I'm sure Samsung knows whats going on and are fully aware of the problem. Each repair is recorded with a serial #and model # that Samsung can track. It never ever made much ice. Our frig is now  2 years old  frig and freezer wont cool at all. I can buy parts for repair for a 40 years old fridge, but not for a 2 year old Samsung model I now have $3300.00 boat anchor.

userVWXGLspMlB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Who can I contact about the class action suit? I am definitely wanting in on that!