cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKwJbt7Rksp
Asteroid

Re: FRIDGE NOT COOLING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I contacted several class action attorneys about the issue with the ice box in the rf23j9011SG and they all contacted me back.  This was approximately 6 months before the Sept 2018 suit you have mentioned.  On top of the ice box being a complete pile of garbage the fridge quit cooling this past week.  We remodeled our kitchen and purchased Samsung black stainless steel appliances throughout - fridge, stove, micro and dishwasher.  The stove's main board burn out after approximately 1.5 years and the dishwasher is without a doubt the worst of its kind we have ever owned.  I can't tell people enough how horrible Samsung appliances are and to not even think about purchasing them.  I have never made a worse big home purchase decision in my life and will never make it again, but unfortunately many others will...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you happen to have any transaction numbers that we could look into?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userKwJbt7Rksp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just saw this reply about transaction #'s?  The fridge is registered with Samsung.  I also have a receipt showing that the refrigerator is not repairable.  We have lived without an ice maker due to the ice box freezing up issue for almost two years and now the refrigerator completely quit working - a little over 3 years after we purchased it.  It is truly hard to believe the despicable handling of this issue that has plagued thousands of customers by Samsung.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKwJbt7Rksp Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

user8qSsVMsOtP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung RF20HFENBWW that is giving me problems too.  The refrigerator stopped cooling on Saturday morning, it's now Monday morning.  I finally got the cover off the cooling coil/fan area this morning.  Iced after doors being left open with a fan blowing for two days with the power unplugged.  I finally got all the ice melted off the coils and fan area but the drain tube is iced too and won't drain.  

I had a GE refrigerator prior to this one that had Samsung parts that did the same thing.  After having a repairman out several times to work on the GE I realized that he had destroyed the unit. 

This Samsung refrigerator will be my last Samsung appliance purchase.  They don't last and Samsung is not an honorable company.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For the directions to turn off Cooling Mode, please follow the directions in the link.

userM6ht3aeWCn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung refrigerator rf30hbedbsr is no longer cooling. The fan was making loud noises and the ice maker kept freezing up so we turned the ice maker off and that helped with the fan noises but after a month or so the fridge will not cool below 54 degrees. Has Samsung found a real solution for this? It seems like it is way too common of a problem. 

userd1T1TXG1X0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have the exact problem that has been expressed here and would be both interested in learning of a class action suit or how others have fared in small claims court. 

To document the problem my RF26J7500SR/AA refrigerator started making extremely loud noises from the fan about 26 months after purchase (talk about very suspiciously well timed obsolescence). Once the noises started the temperature would go from 5 degrees Celsius to 15 degrees Celsius in the refrigerator unit. The freezer remained functioning.

Now, less than four years after purchase the refrigerator unit has stopped working completely. 

I find this completely unacceptable in this day and age that a $3100 Cdn refrigerator has a life expectancy of only four years! Clearly this is a design flaw and needs to be resolved by the manufacturer. 

As a registered Samsung user of cell phones (x2), televisions (x3), tablet and a stove I find this disgusting and has me seriously questioning any further purchases from the company. Samsung, what are you planning to do to help THOUSANDS of customers that have been duped into buying this extremely poor quality, high priced product?

useruqZpSaqn2w
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just had another online chat with Samsung about this very issue. I explained that I refused to pay for yet another service call to “diagnose” this known engineering design flaw and was told to “have a nice day”. I have a copy of the conversation that I’ve tried to post here, but the site is not allowing me to post.