Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aric
Asteroid

Family Hub 2.0 app not working on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

am currently having an issue with the samsung family hub app version 2.1.9 not working on my samsung s7 edge that currently has android version 7.0 installed. Let me try to explain this the best that I can. When I do a fresh install of the family hub app, I am able to see in my refrigerator (Model # RF28M958OSG/AA),  use the shopping list, add a memo, etc.. Everything works like it should the first time I use it after installing it. As soon as I restart/power off my phone, I am no longer able to see inside my refrigerator or use any of the other options in the app. It returns an error: ( Unable to connect to server. Check network connections and try again.) I have verified that the network connections are working fine. My mother has a samsung S5 running android version 6.0 and the Family hub app works fine on her phone even after restarting/powering it off and back on. Has anyone else encountered this same issue? Is there any known fix? Any help would be appreciated.

I have talked with samsung support several times and no one can give me an answer on when this issue will be addressed. It's very annoying to spend alot of money on a refrigerator and not being able to access any of the features on my mobile phone. I would have thought that a samsung to samsung product would have been better tested to ensure the quality of the product. I guess I was wrong.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aric
Asteroid

Re: Family Hub 2.0 app not working with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was able to find a solution for the issue I was having. This solution should work for anyone that has a samsung phone and has been encountering the issue I described in my first post.

Steps to fix the problem:

1) Make sure you have the Family Hub app installed on your phone.

2) Find the Samsung Galaxy Apps store and open it. Mine was in a folder called Samsung.

3) In the top right hand corner click the 3 dots and select My apps.

4) Select Update

5) If you have any apps to update make sure to update them all.

6) Now go to settings on your phone and search for Accounts and then select it

7) From the list of Accounts you should see Samsung Account. Click on Samsung Account.

8) On the next screen you should see your email address associated with your Samsung account. Click on the email address.

9) In the upper right hand corner click on the 3 dots and then select settings.

10) Select Remove account. Enter your password when prompted and select yes to remove the account.

11)  Restart your phone

12) Find the Family Hub app and open it

13) Select yes to all the questions the app ask you

14) When you reach the section that ask you for you samsung account info., you will need to sign in with the account you removed from your phone in step 10.

15) Now the app should work on your phone even after rebooting it.

Hope this helps at least 1 person.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello userF5fSbiWQcy, I haven't heard of this. Have you tried wiping the cache partition on the S7 Edge?

Please uninstall the app on the phone.

Then wipe the cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.
  3. When the phone powers on, the Android System Recovery screen appears approx. 30 seconds later.
  4. Release all of the keys.
  5. Press the Volume down key to highlight "wipe cache partition."
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press thePower key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Then reinstall and try again.

Aric
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I followed your steps to wipe the cache partition on my S7 Edge and then reinstalled the Family Hub app. The app works fine until I shut my phone off and then turn it back on. After turning my phone back on the app returns this error: (Unable to connect to server. Check network connections and try again.) when I try to view inside the refrigerator or add an item to the shopping list. What causes this app to keep failing after my phone has been rebooted? It only works the first time after I have done a fresh install of the Family Hub app. My wife encounters the same error with her S7 Edge and my father does with his S8. Do you have any other recommendations?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, have you tried a factory reset of the refrigerator? 

Aric
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I have reset the refrigerator a couple of times and the results are the same. My mom who has the S5 with android version 6.0 doesn't encounter this error. It seems to only occur with samsung phones that have android version 7.0 installed on them. Is there anything else that can be done? The main reason I bought this refrigerator was to be able to access it from my phone. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I definitely understand, are there any updates for the refrigerator? Are you able to try a different router? 

Aric
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The refrigerator has the most current software version. I have tried a different router and the results are the same. I find it weird that installing and reinstalling the app fixes the issue until I reboot my phone. Is this more of an app issue or could it be an issue with the software in the refrigerator? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks Aric, I would like to send this information to our product support team, can you please provide the full model code of the S7 edge and the Baseband version and the current software version of the refrigerator? 

Aric
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S7 Edge model number: SM-G935p

S7 Edge baseband version: G935PVPS4BQG1

Refrigerator software version: TIZEN 3.0 (FHUB2.KM.US.RF9500.MP20170424_141127)

How long will it take for you to get feedback from the product support team? Will you give me an update once you here anything? I have a week to still be able to return the refrigerator. If I don't hear anything before then I may return it. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, it should take less than a week and I will update you. If it takes longer, I definitely understand returning it.