Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JeffreyP
Cosmic Ray

Re: Family Hub 3.0 Update Removed Photo Screensaver Option

JUMP TO SOLUTION

can we please have photo screensaver back??? Best feature out of all the apps. Not sure why you would KILL the best app!

Also the motion to unlock the home screen?? This was a great feature. Now we have to swipe the home screen with wet/dirty hands to see our recipes?

Come on Samsung! This is not an 'update' it's a step backwards and removes the features most of us loved!

useri7DWI4tQja
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We so agree about the photo screen saver, how do we get it back? Was one of the things we loved. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userdVYA1ALxPC It has already been escalated to our development team, but sadly we cannot speculate on the release of future updates so I have no ETA on it's possible release date. As far as other ways to provide feedback, you guys are encouraged to provide feedback via the Samsung+ app. You can provide information using the “Send feedback” option with any detailed info and any applicable screenshots/video recordings of the issue that you're experiencing, Including feedback about this update. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useruO4G0WaiPB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
After spending an hour trying to figure out why my slideshow is not working, I call customer service to find the update removed that feature. UNBELIEVABLE that Samsung would remove the slideshow feature!! It is the reason many of us bought this refrigerator. The only solution I will accept is to have the slideshow feature returned quickly!!
usernZG7znrx76
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you SamsungCole for keeping us updated regularly.  We know this is not you personally, but it is very frustrating for us users, as you can readily see.  

What we cannot understand is why you can't simply do an INTERIM release.  Let's call it 3.1.  That kind of thing happens all the time in the industry, to fix bugs and provide patches.  I'm sure everyone on this thread would love to see this interrim release, knowing that it's only to fix what went wrong with 3.0.

Please let us know if this is a possibility.  I won't mark this is as "solved" until I actually see this feature returned.  Thank you!

useroR39HEqA0g
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please fix the photo upload and slideshow!!

usert220T7uWhn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also agree I really loved that feature and I'm sad they took it away!!! 

Breezy Moyer
usern8lRD6umCl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to the Samsung "contact us" page to complain (Link below). I don't think they even read this.

https://contactus.samsung.com/customer/contactus/formmail/mail/MailQuestionProductType1.jsp

usern8lRD6umCl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Holy cow, I want my money back and will NEVER purchase a Samsung product again. Worst customer service ever!

- Who in their right mind would think it's a good idea to remove the alternating photo screensaver?!?!? It's literally the coolest thing about the fridge. 
- Why is there a swipe to open screen???? Does anyone on this team even use this fridge before making a change? I'm in the kitchen and my hands are sometimes wet, dirty, full of food, why the heck would we have to swipe the screen to open it? It makes absolutely no sense at all. 
- Pandora continually pops up with "you skipped too many songs" when I never skipped a single song 
- Moving between screens is way slower than it used to be
- Apps open slower now

Bring back the photo screensaver! Get rid of swipe to open! Fix the bugs! This should take a day, maybe two, just like any other "Smart App".  The level of imcompetence is here is unreal. I tried to return it and they are unwilling to help.  I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy a Samsung product again. Please people, bash these fools on every social media outlet you can. 
userweHIYStFY6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I agree the slide show is what sold me on the family hub, I was so impressed with it that I brought a Samsung dishwasher. I now hate that I brought anything from Samsung. The slide show was wonderful when I was in the kitchen cleaning or cooking, my 4 and 2 year old great grandson loved the feature. Also its hard to swipe the screen to unlock, I did not put a lock feature on it guess it came with the updates. I've noticed the past couple of days the temp keeps changing everything in the fridge is freezing, . Everyone publish on Facebook to warn others not to buy this product until these problems are fixed.