cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: Family Hub 3.0 Update Removed Photo Screensaver Option

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is RIDICULOUS! The is THE #1 reason we bought this fridge were for these 3 reasons that were ALL REMOVED with the latest 3.0 update:

1.  The ability to show personal photos as as screen saver.

2. The ability to collage 3-4 photos together (previously under the 'PHOTOS' app)

3. Photo widget where by default there was one medium sized phoot at the top right corner of the screen where you can show just 1 photo (with the ability to manually change up to 10 photos inside this frame)

Please bring these 3 features back!!!!!

I HATE my fridge now. I am going to return it if they do not fix. This is false advertising! Samsung completely dropped the ball on this update!!

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what kind of brain-dead people make these stupid decisions?  who removes some feature that is already there?  

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung update keeps breaking things, months ago an update broke the web browser, now it removes the screensaver slideshow, seriously wondering what kind of idiots make these decisions and where is the quality control?  these guys need to be fired.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another reason for me to tell friends to steer clear of this fridge!  Not only is the ice maker the biggest pile of junk, they've removed the best features of their terrible software! 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just did the update this morning.  Wish I had come here first.  The update broke the only reason we considered the Family Hub version of the refrigerator.

Definitely telling friends/family to steer clear of this line of products.  Such a shame, as we had received many compliments over this feature ALONE.

On a related note, does anyone know how to disable the "lock screen" feature?  Otherwise, I'm going to try just disabling the "screensaver" altogether.  It was much better when you used the motion detector to automatically go to the homescreen when you walked up to the fridge.  Having to swipe now, while not a big deal, really takes away from the usefullness of the device.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Completely agree. Our favourite feature of this fridge was the slideshow option. We have so many photos uploaded and my family loves to look at them. Samsung needs to bring this feature back. Seems absurd that it was removed and I hate having to swipe to get to the main screen. 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You Hit it one the nail !! I never have Ice as well.
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, so I thought it was just us...the icemaker is the worst! I am literally buying bags of ice to put into a $4k freezer!

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Extremely disappointed with the removal of the photo slideshow. Without a doubt our favorite feature. Fridge is only 3 weeks old and just became obsolete in my mind. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree with over $20,000 invested in Samsung you would think some upfront notice would be given.