Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Family Hub 3.0 Update Removed Photo Screensaver Option

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hooray!!!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This was the highlight and reason we got the fridge.   Bring it back!

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I totally agree. I wish there was a work around to install another screensaver app. This was such a cool feature and now gone. Samsung, I hope you are reading these because at this point people considering buying this product should reconsider. At least give the users the option to set up the slide show option. It really is disappointing. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to kick myself  for updating. The ONLY reason we bought this overpriced fridge was for the “fancy extras” in our new home. My nieces & nephews love seeing themselves in pictures playing on the fridge. If I wanted to look at one picture for 2 mins, I’d have bought a frame.  

Constellation

Bring Back Photo Screensaver Function Petition ASAP!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Although discussed in various threads...I propose to use this thread as the "Official" thread for Samsung to take notice it has upset their user base that spent a lot of fricking money on a glorified ice making Androidesque tablet!!!

Obviously Samsung doesn't bother to test with a user base of any sort, being an IT professional for over 20 years it happens over and over again. Software developers make changes that THEY think are great...with no forethought as to how the "end user" experience is going to be.

What did you gain by taking it out Samsung Software developers? I will tell you what you gained...IRATE customers!!!

PUT IT BACK!!! It is what makes the refrigerator "FAMILY HUBESQUE"...geesh... SMH

For those of you mad like I am please vent once more in this thread...and HOPEFULLY they will listen!!!

Asteroid

Re: Bring Back Photo Screensaver Function Petition ASAP!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the store demo had had the latest "update" 3 weeks ago I wouldn't have bought the Family Hub version.  The slideshow feature was our favorite part of this refrigerator.  In just 2 weeks we received loads of compliments.  Not gonna even blink when I tell friends and family not to buy one for themselves. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I really hope this petition takes off and Samsung does the right thing. 

One of the things we enjoyed was uploading new pictures and seeing who would notice. It also made for good dinner discussion or when we are working in the kitchen preparing meals together. Especially when company comes over. Everyone enjoyed it immensely. 

Turning on a slide show is not the same as it just being automatic. That is a poor response on Samsungs part. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agree with all.  The only reason I bought this model was for the photo slideshow.  Any refrigerator can keep your food cold.  Everyone loves this feature and we share stories as the photos go by.  That is what makes it a family hub!!   I will be telling everyone who has seen the slide show and wanted this refrigerator not to buy.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys, so I merged this thread with the already official thread on this. Samsung is definitely aware and the request to add it back has already been put in. Keep an eye on this thread about the issue and I will update everyone if I hear anything about the next updates. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cole,

Have you gotten an estimation on the timeframe that they will be able to restore this feature?  

I will add that I went against many people's recommendation to not go with Samsung appliances and bought the whole kitchen suite because I liked the fridge and the almost everyone that has visited us has commented on the slide show screen saver.  It is the killer app for the fridge.

Another complaint from me is that Samsung needs to standardize on one mobile app.  I have Samsung connect, Samsung Family Hub, and Samsung Smart Home.  Some of my appliances work with one app, but not with the others.  I bought this as a package, why must I have a suite of apps to control my devices?

BTW I did not upgrade my refrigerator, it seemed to have done it on it's own.

I know it has only been a day since you posted, but please keep us informed.