cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userci9mmNNwfT
Asteroid

Re: Family Hub 4.0 update- screen saver issue

I finally got mine to start, after going through several steps to re-select the album, turn on the screen saver, select the options for the screensaver and reboot the screen.  This was a big pain and took me about an hour.  Also, the screensaver behaves differently than the previous software version. It turns off when the door is opened and starts on the same pictures every time. 

JC7350
Asteroid

Yes. Samsung needs to at least have the option for you to choose if you want to shuffle your photos or have them run concurrently.

@userci9mmNNwfT wrote:

I finally got mine to start, after going through several steps to re-select the album, turn on the screen saver, select the options for the screensaver and reboot the screen.  This was a big pain and took me about an hour.  Also, the screensaver behaves differently than the previous software version. It turns off when the door is opened and starts on the same pictures every time. 

user2V9UGoerIE
Constellation

Same issue here...I selected in settings, changed them a bit (timing) but still won’t come on. The Samsung rep said to try the reset button, but manual says that will reset ALL settings. 

userjjPPTCunIF
Astronaut

Yep, same issue.   Restarting sometimes gets the screensaver to start but then it quickly goes back to not starting anymore later in the day.   Not sure how this is really an ‘upgrade’.   I hoped the upgrade would get the ability to view my Samsung tv on the screen to work by is still not working.   I’m really disappointed in the poor quality or Samsung’s software and lack of support to update or fix it.  

userpMCFepxtCz
Constellation

Was having the same problem and then reset the screen from the top side of the door and problem seems to be solved.  It just resets the screen not the system. 

Highlighted
user6LCP4TJy4D
Astronaut

I had the same issue.  screen would not go to sleep or turn off.  I did the reset on the fridge door and that seems to have worked.  Thanks everyone!!