cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LuisVega71
Constellation

Family Hub 4.0 update- screen saver issue

I updated the Family Hub software on our fridge to 4.0 and now the screen saver does not start. The screen saver worked in the 3.0 version. Now the screen does not turn off and I am concearned the screen will burn.  

15 REPLIES 15
Samsung_85xRlSo
Astronaut

Go through your settings to see you could reset your scre...

Go through your settings to see you could reset your screen saver again, if not, it's could be a issue with the new software.

LuisVega71
Constellation

Re: Go through your settings to see you could reset your scre...

I went through and reset the screen saver settings and the time out settings however, they will not engage. It miht be a bug with teh new 4.0 update.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried restarting the screen by using the switch at the top of the door?

userhXEsC6zokF
Constellation

i found a solution,

if any application running on background ( as like music, youtube , etc), screen saver doesn't work.

click recent app button and  click close all , it will be works.

userclcUuF5JHp
Constellation

Re: Family Hub 4.0 update- screen saver issue

I am having the same problem.

@LuisVega71 wrote:

I updated the Family Hub software on our fridge to 4.0 and now the screen saver does not start. The screen saver worked in the 3.0 version. Now the screen does not turn off and I am concearned the screen will burn.  

user4twUaVSOpy
Constellation

I am having the same problem.  It only started after I did the upgrade.   There is a bug in the update that prevents the screensaver from starting up

user8RqYEErR0e
Constellation

I'm having the same issue. I just rebooted and it started with the screensaver on. Does not seem to come back I'm having the same issue with the recent update. I just rebooted (settings-->about--restart) and it seems to work now. It rebooted to the screensaver, I swiped the screen, wait 1 minute (current timeout setting) and it came on.

userY25x6F63SQ
Constellation

Mine is working fine, but I don't really understand the new ones. Like is the dog interactive? Didn't see any instructions

Babyrocko1908
Constellation

Go into your settings and change the time for the screensaver. I have mine set to 3 minutes. That should do the trick.