cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Family Hub SmartThings Won't Accept Account

I installed a Family Hub Refrigerator yesterday. When setting up SmartThings on the fridge I used a family account, not my personal Samsung account. 

When adding accounts to the Family Hub, my wife was able to connect her Samsung account to the fridge. When I attempt to add my account though, it failes and says that it's not a valid User ID or Password. I verified that I'm using the correct credentials, reset the password, logged into multiple other devices with that account, and still am not recognized by the Family Hub. I was able to send myself an invite from the new account to join the Smart Things instance for the Family but I cannot get into the Family Hub Mobile App because of this issue.

I do have an existing SmartThings Home with multiple managed devices using my account. Is it possible that being an owner of an existing SmartThings Home is preventing me from joining the account to the new one? Is there a solution?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Family Hub SmartThings Won't Accept Account

Have you tried re-installing the SmartThings app on your device? Do all other accounts work correctly? Is the software on the Family Hub up to date?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have not re-installed it on the device, how can I do that? The Uninstall option is greyed out.
All other accounts to work correctly and the Family Hub is up to date. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

No worries, in this case, the app was pre-installed.

If all other accounts work correctly, I would recommend giving us a call at 1-800-SAMSUNG and speaking with our Accounts team to see if there is anything preventing the account from working on the refrigerator.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'll try calling and provide feeback here in case others have the same issue.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Great! Please keep us posted.

Highlighted
Asteroid

The rep says the servers that handle SmartThings accounts is currently being updated and to try again tomorrow. The fridge won't even launch the Profiles menu item at the moment. I'm surprised that Samsung doesn't have redundant servers to prevent downtime during updates. 
We'll have to continue troubleshooting later.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I definitely understand, please let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Highlighted
Asteroid

The rep called back yesterday and says the servers are still being updated.

She's going to call back again this afternoon.

I do not believe that this is an issue with authentication, I can connect other accounts to the Family Hub without a problem and I can authenticate to the account that doesn't work on the Family Hub from other devices. The account that I'm having trouble with is the one that I'm using for this message thread.