Original topic:

Family Hub Software vTizen 6.0

(Topic created: 07-28-2021 10:49 AM)
CPep61
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Incredibly disappointed to find that this new version of software has inhibited my ability to connect my refrigerator to my WiFi. After hours of troubleshooting by rebooting my router, rebooting Family Hub, and resetting the button on the inside door of the refrigerator, nothing fixed the issue.  This was never an issue prior to the software update and clearly not an issue with my ISP since all my other devices are connected and my ISP hasn't changed.
Then, after having a live chat session with Samsung Pro, I was directed to contact my ISP and ask that they reset the DNS of my network. 
Unacceptable! This software should have been more thoroughly tested before its release. I refuse to belive its a problem with my WiFi.
#v6.0 #Tizen v6.0
15 Replies
userpPkdAxEFfe
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

SAME ISSUE HERE!!! THEY NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP!!!! Eero wifi here ... did not have a problem before this $h!t update!

CPep61
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Yes! Need more product users to side with us and get this fixed ASAP. Send us a fixed version, I can connect with the Hotspot on my phone and upload it. This is ridiculous!
Fridgerson
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yeah we are suffering from this, too.

It's not your wifi.

Things we have tried: Rebooting router, rebooting fridge, resetting fridge to factory settings, tried connecting to multiple wifi networks including a hotspot on a phone.  Unhelpful error message which literally said "Cannot connect to wifi".  

What do we want?  Official "oh yes, we messed up, our bad.  We'll let you know when we have a solution for you to put on a USB stick to un-brick your fridge".

Fridgerson
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

OK peeps, I am not Samsung, but I may have worked it out.  

Our network was on WPA2/WPA3 - personal 

It seems that they've dropped support for the higher security networks.  *face palm*

So you may need to downgrade your network security back to WPA/WPA2-personal.  Once we did this and rebooted the router, the network showed up on the fridge.

We only changed our "guest" network to the lower setting, and left our primary network at high security.  

Hopefully this helps.

CPep61
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Thank you for the help! I'll give that a try and see if that works for us. I'll keep you all posted on the outcome.
userDrAYlOPPTo
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is the exact same thing that was able to resolve my issue. Thank you so much

Serg675
Halo
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have set it to just WPA2-Personal and it works. It's more secure than WPA/WPA2.

userCTmCTVEdhD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
So down grade our internet security? When I know security is extremely important and now this fridge connects to my Amazon account which is connected to my bank? Are they nuts? I am so disappointed in Samsung. Will not be looking to buy more Samsung products after this, and I have multiple products, but will be changing things out after this.
0 Likes
user4eOr8dWoT2
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

found a solution from a different post, go to your eero app> discover tab> eero labs> disable wpa3> reset fridge after then the wifi signal would show up