Original topic:

Family Hub TIZEN 6.0 missing Alexa/Arlo/Amazon Music/etc

(Topic created: 08-13-2021 09:46 AM)
vpae
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi all,

I purchased the RF29A9771SR on 7/26/21 and have been using it for a few weeks. Today I got an email from Samsung saying that Family Hub now has Alexa built-in. I googled a bit and noticed that this was announced by Samsung on 7/21/21. After seeing which fridge has support for this, it looks like the 4-Door-Flex that I purchased should support it. However, I do not have Alexa, Arlo, and a few other apps. I tried doing a software update and it says i have the latest version. I do not recall if an update was performed when I first got it but it appears my update is from 3/7/21 according to the settings.

My current software version is TIZEN 6.0 (AFH-US-M64-21-XXXXMU 20210307_122946)

I see reading on the forums that many users updated to TIZEN 6.0 recently and it came with Alexa. Can someone let me know what the latest software/firmware version is? Or for those who have Alexa on their Family Hub, which version are you running?

I know a lot of people are advising upgrading to 6.0, but since I have already have it, I would like to have the additional application support, especially Alexa (however slow it may be).

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
userfQkJjHkyCX
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My fridge keeps bugging me to install Alexa but I haven't (I am well covered already).

Running 20210714_133643 which is four months newer than your version.

0 Likes
user6Or2WRkHfc
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the issue. How can I update to the latest software. I bought mine on 8/11/2021 and it has the 03/21 software.

I want all features advertised on the samsung page to work for Family hub.

29 cu. ft. Smart 4-Door Flex™ refrigerator with Family Hub 

0 Likes
userBlcyhDjKd6
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Just got a fridge and it's running 20210602_132451. No Alexa here either. It makes some sense since the feature was announced in July, however it's pretty dumb that it doesn't see an update.

0 Likes