Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUpsGmfimjX
Constellation

Family Hub app on IOS "unable to connect to server"

Refrigerator Model: RF22M9581SG

IOS app version: latest version available on Apple's App Store

When I try to open the Family Hub application on my iPhone X, iPad Pro 12.9 (both running IOS 13.3.1) and an older iPad Air (running IOS 12.3),  it gets to a page saying "Gathering family information" and then all I get is this error message: "Unable to connect to server. Check your network connection and try again". Internet connectivity is not the issue. I also tried with an LTE connection. Same thing. 

I can access the refrigerator fine using the SmartThings app. Since the older Samsung SmartHome app is also giving me a "Network is not available. Please connect to Wifi or Data network" error, which supports my washer/dryer, it does look like a server-side issue with the web-services being blocked or down. 

Has anyone else seen this and if so, is there a fix to this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Family Hub app on IOS "unable to connect to server"

I completely understand how frustrating this must be. I recommend that you reach out to our Family Hub Department at 1-800-Samsung concerning this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userY8O6StEwQh
Constellation

I have the same problem. Just bought a new fridge and family hub app on my phone keeps giving up on me - "unable to connect to server". I upload pics but don't see them on fridge. Is there any other way I can upload pics

user6Kxx1XoXpm
Astronaut

We're having the exact same problem. Have you found a solution?