JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Family Hub discontinuation + "View Inside" fridge feature missing on SmartThings

(Topic created on: 5/5/21 5:00 PM)
useroGQqroeOL6
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

I just purchased a brand new Samsung Refrigerator with Family Hub feature. The fridge has a feature to "view inside" with the built-in cameras. The application to view inside is working great on the Refrigerator itself, although it is advertised that you are able to view what's inside your fridge remotely using your mobile device. I have downloaded the Family Hub app as instructed on my Samsung phone, and the application itself tells me to register my mobile device with the Refrigerator by going to settings --> profiles. When I go to settings on the fridge, there is no "profiles" option, just "Samsung account" with the only option being "log out". The Family Hub app says that if you are on software Tizen 6.0, it'll no longer be supported through Family Hub and it'll be all through SmartThings. I checked the Family Hub information on the settings page of my fridge, and indeed it also is Tizen 6.0. Expecting the same functionality of the Family Hub app on SmartThings, I select the Refrigerator "sticker" to find this feature and only have options to manage temperature, check device care and recommendations for recipes. No option at all for "view inside". I've contacted support and I was told this is currently not supported with the new update. When will this be available? It is advertised as something that is indeed included with the fridge - including the online manual saying it's included and steering into the wrong direction for this product. Help would be appreciated on when this will be available! Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Good afternoon, everyone. We have spoken with our engineering team on this and have some steps for you to try that should help!

1. Open Mobile SmartThings App
  2. Download SmartThings Cooking
  3. Execute Agreement of SA Account
  4. Open SmartThings Cooking on Mobile (clicking SmartThings Cooking)
  5. Scroll Down > Click View Inside
  6. Click Inside Fridge.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, please feel free to reach out to us directly via one of the following options and with a link to our thread along with the following information below.

1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport
  2. Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513
  3. Samsung Moderator: https://bit.ly/39kTopa

Full Model Number:

Full Serial Number:

Tizen Version:

Family Hub Software Version:

Samsung Account Email Address:

First and Last Name:

Best Contact Phone #:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

5 Replies
userc3T5yEwxPF
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Just purchased the new 2021 Samsung Family Hub (RS6HA8891B1) on Tizen 6.0 and have the same question. The dedicated Samsung Family Hub app doesn’t work on Tizen 6.0 because of lacking Profiles option and functionalities on SmartThings are very basic and quite poor comparing to older models/older Tizen OS. 

The only features available on SmartThings app

• Change temperature of fridge and freezer
  • Turn on/off icemaker
  • Upload image or video

Key features available on Samsung Family Hub app and thus not working for 2021 model

• View inside (remotely)
  • Synced shopping list
  • Food list with expiry date 
  • Edit Family board: memo’s/whiteboard
  • Upload image/video
  • Calender
  • etc. 

Dear Samsung, how on earth is it possible to not include the advertised features on your latest model/operating system? When can we expect these features to be working?

Thank you. 

userkcNfSEkn1B
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

How are more people not angry about this?

I received my new refrigerator after waiting WEEKS for it to arrive, and I got an announcement about some sort of software update or something in the first couple days. I had not even set up the app on my phone yet. I eventually got around to it, only to discover that almost NOTHING I bought this refrigerator to do works anymore on the one I bought!

Caveat emptor, I guess? I'm really very unhappy about this. I feel completely cheated. I bought one thing, and something else showed up, all because of a software update. And I have no recourse in the matter but to wait and hope they're intending to add any of the features I was sold on back in. I just... I really can't understand this. I literally didn't get what I paid for.

useroGQqroeOL6
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I've been told that there is no expected fix when I called support. I've decided that this post may not reach the eyes it needs, and I've given the fridge a very poor review.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Good afternoon, everyone. We have spoken with our engineering team on this and have some steps for you to try that should help!

1. Open Mobile SmartThings App
  2. Download SmartThings Cooking
  3. Execute Agreement of SA Account
  4. Open SmartThings Cooking on Mobile (clicking SmartThings Cooking)
  5. Scroll Down > Click View Inside
  6. Click Inside Fridge.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, please feel free to reach out to us directly via one of the following options and with a link to our thread along with the following information below.

1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport
  2. Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513
  3. Samsung Moderator: https://bit.ly/39kTopa

Full Model Number:

Full Serial Number:

Tizen Version:

Family Hub Software Version:

Samsung Account Email Address:

First and Last Name:

Best Contact Phone #:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

userTUFzzivNaS
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I was just about to buy the fridge when I came across this post! I'm so glad I didn't make that mistake. Is there a resolution to this? Is this for real that there is no current resolution date?