Original topic:

Family Hub discontinued, Smart Things is useless

(Topic created: 09-02-2021 06:47 PM)
userz21MplYBYY
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I purchased a smart refrigerator largely in part to use the family hub, which would allow me to leave notes on the fridge from my phone, manage the family calendar from the phone, etc. Now the Hub has been decommissioned and it’s Smart Things, which doesn’t allow me to do any of the things I originally bought this refrigerator for in the first place. The family hub was used as a selling point for a very expensive appliance and you just discontinue it? How is this okay? You advertise for the refrigerator using the family hub as a key selling point then change the product I thought I was getting my with a software update? 

I know I’m not the only one who is furious over this. Fix it.

6 Replies
userfetGqzfngF
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is so terrible.. we are in the same boat. The fridge is useless. The things we use the fridge for the most -- having our app on our phones and sharing via the fridge -- most principally memos (eg when a parent is away they could post a 'good morning' on the fridge) and photos, which we so enjoyed updating. Can't add photos anymore with SmartThings.. you can only change your fridge temperature (who wants to do that from their phone?) and look inside (which is also kind of useless).. its just such amess. and so unprofessional of Samsung to have downgraded the fridge so completely. Even their disclaimer doesn't make clear they were destroying the functionality of the device. Usually you give up some functions to get something, in this case it was an exchange of something for nothing. Fix it Samsung. please! 

usertjvIQ1nFsi
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I hate it! I literally bought the fridge because of the Family Hub. Leaving notes, and especially the shopping list. It was a great way for everyone in my house to add things to the list and have it right there and available. Then I could access the list from my phone and do the grocery shopping without having to stop at home to get the list! Now with Smartthings it is useless. Nothing can be personalized, and the shopping list is never right and that's if I can even get it to open in the Smartthings app! I paid more for a fridge because of the Family Hub and now it's gone. Smartthings app is useless. This is **bleep**. I would have gotten the cheaper fridge if I knew the main feature I wanted was going to no longer work. Someone needs to fix it!! 

userJsc0Vs606l
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!
Not only did we lose a great shared calendar, if you entered anything directly on the Fridge you lost it completely with the update. Most of the great features of the fridge are GONE!
FIX IT SAMSUNG, PLEASE!!!!!
user0g07WAdWeB
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung's integrity =screw the consumer especially those who have continued to support Samsung! The Genius who assumed these preinstalled apps can be used everywhere...newsflash...
GrubHub not in country town Purdue farm not in the country! Assinie Samsung Offers the consumers the option to at least install our preferred apps & uninstall apps of no use.

0 Likes
userJsc0Vs606l
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Absolutely feel the same way.
Can we do some kind of class action lawsuit.
Frankly we don’t use the smart features anymore. Ice maker keep breaking (freezing up) and the other BEST feature, the water pitcher leaks. ...leaks a lot.
Last Samsung appliance i will ever buy!
0 Likes
userVgr6aJypiM
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Add me in for the class action.  The family hub is useless now.  The non family hub is $1K cheaper and more fridge room.

0 Likes